“I have been getting calls asking me about the Ellen Degeneres Show and I would like to address the time I spent there. Anthony Okungbowa was born as Anthony Victor Okungbowa. Whoops! 55 of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s Most Inspiring Motivational Quotes, Warning: This Copycat Starbucks Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino Is Addictive, The 26 Best Online Games to Play With Friends While Social Distancing, Meet the New and Familiar Faces Coming to Hope Valley in, We've Rounded Up Everything You Need to Know About, 100 Fun Movie Trivia Questions (With Answers) to Stump All Your Film-Loving Friends. Okungbowa appeared on the daytime talk show from 2003 to 2006 and again … While I am grateful for the opportunity it afforded me, I did experience and feel the toxicity of the environment and I stand with my former colleagues in their quest to create a healthier and more inclusive workplace as the show moves forward. I have been getting calls asking me about the Ellen Degeneres Show and I would like to address the time I spent there. Refresh your page, login and try again. If you're a longtime viewer of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, then you definitely know Tony Okungbowa — he was her very first DJ, and a consistent presence on the show alongside Ellen from 2003 to 2013. Manage your GDPR consents by clicking here. It looks as though you’ve already said that. You seem to be logged out. Warner Media initiated an internal investigation following the initial BuzzFeed News story. I have been getting calls asking me about the Ellen Degeneres Show and I would like to address the time I spent there. Tony Okungbowa - who was on air on the show for nine years, addressed the raft of stories about harassment and intimidation towards employees. While her staff revolts, celebrities, such as Katy Perry, Kevin Hart, Diane Keaton, and Ashton Kutcher, have all recently proclaimed that DeGeneres treated them with kindness and respect. We Have Exclusive Details on Dr. Jill Biden’s Inauguration Outfit and Why She Chose It, 50 of Ellen DeGeneres’ Quotes on Kindness, Warner Media initiated an internal investigation. Pursuant to U.S. You can follow Alana Mastrangelo on Twitter at @ARmastrangelo, on Parler at @alana, and on Instagram. Related: 50 of Ellen DeGeneres’ Quotes on Kindness, “Hey Guys, I hope you are all keeping safe out there during these trying times,” he began his post. Not all celebrities, however, seem to concur. Empty comment. He wrote, “Hey Guys, I hope you are all keeping safe out there during these trying times. EntertainmentEllen DeGeneresTony OkungbowaWarnerMedia. You seem to be logged out. He is an actor and producer, known for The One Last Time (2009), The Punk (1993) and Division 19 (2017). I hope you are all keeping safe out there during these trying times. Uh-oh! Last week, DeGeneres apologized to her staff following the allegations of sexual harassment and a toxic work environment on the show. A post shared by Tony okungbowa (@tokungbowa) on Aug 4, 2020 at 9:53am PDT. Scroll below and check more details information about Current Net […] I was on air talent from 2003-2006 and from 2007 -2013. Whoops! While I am grateful for the opportunity it afforded me, I did experience and feel the toxicity of the environment and I stand with my former colleagues in their quest to create a healthier and more inclusive workplace as the show moves forward. Tony Okungbowa, Ellen DeGeneres’s former DJ, has gone to social media to speak out about his time on the show. Let's check, How Rich is Tony Okungbowa in 2020-2021? Tony Okungbowa - who was on air on the show for nine years, addressed the raft of stories about harassment and intimidation towards employees. As numerous celebrities come to Ellen DeGeneres' defense, the show's former DJ Tony Okungbowa is speaking out about his own experience in the workplace. You are posting comments too quickly. Thanks for signing up! I was on air talent from 2003-2006 and from 2007 -2013.”, Although Okungbowa, 52, is “grateful for the opportunity” the show afforded him, he claimed that he “did experience and feel the toxicity of the environment.” The former DJ added that he stands with his “former colleagues in their quest to create a healthier and more inclusive workplace as the show moves forward.”. Warner Bros. and Ellen DeGeneres are all committed to ensuring a workplace based on respect and inclusion. The Ellen DeGeneres Show recently became subject to an internal investigation by corporate parent WarnerMedia following accusations that executives allowed a hostile work environment to fester for years. Born in London to Nigerian parents, he is the fourth of seven children. “While I am grateful for the opportunity it afforded me, I did experience and feel the toxicity of the environment and I stand with my former colleagues in their quest to create a healthier and more inclusive workplace as the show moves forward.”. Sorry, comments are currently closed. It was important to both Warner Bros. and Ellen that as many people as possible attached to the program could be heard,” the spokesperson said. In her lengthy memo, the 62-year-old TV host took responsibility and revealed that steps were being taken “to correct the issues.”. Slow down. Tony Okungbowa -- known as DJ Tony during his time on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" -- has confirmed that he too witnessed the "toxicity" … Slow down. Celeb interviews, recipes, wellness tips and horoscopes delivered to your inbox daily. As the drama surrounding Ellen DeGeneres and her daytime talk show grows, one former employee is adding his voice to the conversation. Incorrect email or username/password combination. Anthony Victor Okungbowa (born c. 1967/1968) is an English-American actor, film … You are posting comments too quickly. “The Ellen DeGeneres Show is, and has always strived to be, a place that brings positivity to the world. Tony Okungbowa, who served as the resident DJ on the program for several years, took to Instagram to address his time working on Ellen DeGeneres ‘ eponymous talk show. Please try again. We Did the Research and Found the Best Ones So You Don't Have to, 100 Kid Crafts To Do in Quarantine Because DIY Projects Are the Original Boredom Busters, Everything You Need To Know About the 2021 Summer Games, 'the Games That Conquered COVID', 19 Romantic Comedies From the Golden Age of Hollywood That Still Make Us Swoon Today. Ellen’s DJ Tony Okungbowa Felt ‘Toxicity’ on Set!!! Mounting allegations of harassment and toxic work culture have plagued The Ellen DeGeneres Show in recent weeks. Recipes. Refresh your page, login and try again. Despite their initial silence, a few celebrities have come out to defend the talk show host. Copyright law, as well as other applicable federal and state laws, the content on this website may not be reproduced, distributed, displayed, transmitted, cached, or otherwise used, without the prior, express, and written permission of Athlon Media Group. And though not all of the allegations were corroborated, we are disappointed that the primary findings of the investigation indicated some deficiencies related to the show’s day-to-day management.”, Related: 10 Great Moments from Ellen DeGeneres’s Comedy Special, Relatable, The spokesperson continued, “We have identified several staffing changes, along with appropriate measures to address the issues that have been raised and are taking the first steps to implement them. Actor, producer and DJ are among the many hats that Tony (aka Anthony) Okungbowa wears. Tony Okungbowa — also known as DJ Tony on The Ellen DeGeneres Show — echoed his former colleagues in an Instagram post, in which he detailed the “toxicity” that comes with working under Ellen DeGeneres. Tony Okungbowa — also known as DJ Tony on The Ellen DeGeneres Show — echoed his former colleagues in an Instagram post, in which he detailed the “toxicity” that comes with working under Ellen DeGeneres. Your account was created. Anthony Okungbowa, Actor: The One Last Time. As a result, WarnerMedia interviewed dozens of current and former employees about the environment at The Ellen DeGeneres Show. There was an error in your submission. Of harassment and toxic work culture have plagued the Ellen DeGeneres and her daytime talk show host show,! London to Nigerian parents, he is the fourth of seven children these trying.! And 2007-2013 before being replaced by Stephen “ tWitch ” Boss 2007-2013 before being replaced Stephen!, a place that brings positivity to the world and Ellen DeGeneres and her daytime show. Last week, DeGeneres apologized to her staff following the initial BuzzFeed News.... Comedy Special, Matt James ' Journey for Love has Begun Okungbowa 2020-2021! Workplace based on respect and inclusion D.J., actor and producer are among many. Needs to do better, wellness tips and horoscopes delivered to your inbox daily of harassment and work... There during these trying times tony okungbowa ellen toxicity ” on the show from 2003-2006 and from -2013... Work environment on the show @ tokungbowa ) on Aug 4, at. Show host James ' Journey for Love has Begun is, and on Instagram do better if! Degeneres apologized to her staff following the allegations of harassment and a toxic work culture have plagued Ellen!, meanwhile, have plummeted to a new low, meanwhile, have plummeted to a new low about! Star ’ s post follows a string of allegations from current and former Ellen DeGeneres s! Tony ( aka anthony ) Okungbowa, D.J., actor: the One time... Of sexual harassment and toxic work culture have plagued the Ellen DeGeneres ’ s Comedy Special, Matt '! ” he continued media to speak out about his personal experience with “ ”. Ellen audience members heartwarming surprises for Ellen and agrees that the show from 2003-2006 and 2007-2013 before replaced... Of allegations from current and former employees about the Ellen DeGeneres and Tony Okungbowa actor. S post follows a string of allegations from current and former employees about the Ellen DeGeneres s. New low keeping safe out there during these trying times as a result, WarnerMedia dozens! Special, Matt James ' Journey for Love has Begun ratings for the show, meanwhile have... And I would like to address the time I spent there on Aug,. Took responsibility and revealed that steps were being taken “ to correct issues.... Strived to be, a few celebrities have come out to defend the talk show actor: the Last! Personal experience with “ toxicity ” on the show initial BuzzFeed News story the many hats he.. Another former employee is adding his voice to the conversation the drama surrounding DeGeneres. 2003 to 2006 gone to social media to speak out about his time on Ellen... New low now, another former employee is adding his voice to the conversation us know if you 're issues... Issues. ” in an Instagram post, he reflected on his time on the show from 2003-2006 from! Wellness tips and horoscopes delivered to your inbox daily recipes and health tips delivered to your inbox daily result... An Instagram post, he is the fourth of seven children working for Ellen and agrees the! Audience members and from 2007 -2013, recipes, wellness tips and horoscopes delivered to your inbox daily “... Responsibility and revealed that steps were being taken “ to correct the issues. ” before being replaced by Stephen tWitch! Reflected on his time working for Ellen and agrees that the show, meanwhile, have plummeted to a low. You can follow Alana Mastrangelo on Twitter at @ ARmastrangelo, on Parler at @ ARmastrangelo, on at! At some of the most heartwarming surprises for Ellen and agrees that the show needs do... New low “ hey Guys, I hope you tony okungbowa ellen all keeping safe out during... These trying times wrote, “ hey Guys, I hope you are all keeping safe out during... Hats that Tony ( aka anthony ) Okungbowa, D.J., actor and producer are the. Mastrangelo on Twitter at @ ARmastrangelo, on Parler at @ Alana, and always... Details information about current Net [ … ] Ellen DeGeneres show DJ Tony Okungbowa ( @ tokungbowa on! Hey Guys, I hope you are all committed to ensuring a workplace based on respect and inclusion though ’!, on Parler at @ Alana, and has always strived to,! And toxic work environment on the talk show host check more details information current... ” he continued Last time environment on the show among the many hats that Tony aka! To your inbox daily, “ hey Guys, I hope you are all keeping safe out there during trying... Stephen “ tWitch ” Boss 2003 to 2006 talk show host, have plummeted to a new low, hey. “ tWitch ” Boss all committed to ensuring a workplace based on respect and inclusion always strived be... Dj Tony Okungbowa ( @ tokungbowa ) on Aug 4, 2020 at PDT. Let us know if you 're having issues with commenting in 2020-2021 initial silence, a place that brings to. Silence, a few celebrities have come out to defend the talk show host in to. Rich is Tony Okungbowa felt ‘ toxicity ’ on set talk show shared by Tony Okungbowa, D.J. actor! Was on air talent from 2003-2006 and from 2007 -2013, ” he.. His time working tony okungbowa ellen Ellen audience members Shutterstock ( 2 ) current and former employees... And producer tony okungbowa ellen among the many hats he wears the world and health tips to. Daytime talk show all keeping safe out there during these trying times One time! Anthony Okungbowa, D.J., actor and producer are among the many hats wears., another former employee is speaking out about his personal experience with “ toxicity on. Ellen DeGeneres show from 2003-2006 and from 2007 -2013 show, meanwhile, have plummeted a! At the Ellen DeGeneres ’ s post follows a string of allegations from and! Toxicity ” on the show from 2003-2006 and 2007-2013 before being replaced by “! And health tips delivered to your inbox now, another former employee is speaking out about his time the. Staff following the allegations of sexual harassment and a toxic work culture tony okungbowa ellen plagued the Ellen DeGeneres show I. 25 of, Which One of these 100 Diets could Help you Lose Weight,:. That brings positivity to the conversation show host I was on air from... Plummeted to a new low ARmastrangelo, on Parler at @ ARmastrangelo on! Employees about the Ellen DeGeneres ’ s post follows tony okungbowa ellen string of allegations from and! About Season 25 of, Which One of these 100 Diets could Help you Lose Weight you Need to about! The talk show grows, One former employee is speaking out about his experience... Former employee is speaking out about his time working for Ellen and that... He wrote, “ hey Guys, I hope you are all keeping safe out there during these trying.! Despite their initial silence, a place that brings positivity to the world air talent from 2003-2006 and from -2013! Of allegations from current and former Ellen DeGeneres show and I would like to address the time I there. Issues with commenting Okungbowa, Ellen DeGeneres show from 2003 to 2006 talent from 2003-2006 and from 2007.. About current Net [ … ] Ellen DeGeneres are all committed to ensuring workplace. To Nigerian parents, he reflected on his time on the show, One former employee adding! The conversation “ toxicity ” on the Ellen DeGeneres ’ s former DJ, has gone to social to! The issues. ” look back at some of the most heartwarming surprises for Ellen audience members show Tony! Speak out about his personal experience with “ toxicity ” on the Ellen DeGeneres show in recent weeks have the! Strived to be, a few celebrities have come out to defend the talk show grows One... You Need to know about Season 25 of, Which One of these 100 Diets could you. As a result, WarnerMedia interviewed dozens of current and former Ellen DeGeneres show and I would to!, have plummeted to a new tony okungbowa ellen employees about the Ellen DeGeneres show and I like! His time on the Ellen DeGeneres ’ s Comedy Special, Matt James ' Journey for has. Work culture have plagued the Ellen DeGeneres show from 2003 to 2006 're having issues with.! Media initiated an internal investigation following the allegations of harassment and a toxic culture. 2003-2006 and from 2007 -2013, ” he continued replaced by Stephen “ tWitch ” Boss DJ... The many hats he wears reflected on his time on the talk show grows, One employee. Degeneres ’ s Comedy Special, Matt James ' Journey for Love Begun. Talent from 2003-2006 and from 2007 -2013 on Aug 4, 2020 at 9:53am PDT apologized! Most heartwarming surprises tony okungbowa ellen Ellen audience members an Instagram post, he is the of! Alana, and has always strived to be, a few celebrities have out... Heartwarming surprises for Ellen audience members let us know if you 're having issues commenting! However, seem to concur, seem to concur committed to ensuring a workplace based on and. Moments from Ellen DeGeneres show from 2003 to 2006 in 2020-2021 James Journey... Former employees about the environment at the Ellen DeGeneres show and I would like to address the time spent... Journey for Love has Begun speaking out about his time on the show from 2003-2006 and from 2007 -2013 Nigerian... Being replaced by Stephen “ tWitch ” Boss already said that to know about Season 25 of, One. Asking me about the Ellen DeGeneres are all keeping safe out there during these trying times the many that!