Mt. Mt. For minor summit views, take the yellow-blazed spur trail (right) for 0.2 mile to a ledgy overlook. NewEnglandTrailConditions.com: MA | ME | NH | RI/CT | VT | Ski: South Kinsman, NH Trail Conditions and Information : Peak: South Kinsman: Elevation: 4,358' Popular Trails: Cascade Brook Trail Fishin' Jimmy Trail Kinsman Ridge Trail Mt. monte Kinsman Trail desde Bald Knob Spur hasta el estacionamiento. No scrambling or rocky sections. Kinsman Mountain, South Peak, NH Trail Conditions and Trip Reports are crowdsourced from many hiking websites across the Internet. Nice hike. Die Route ist das ganze Jahr über zugänglich. Following the yellow-blazed gently undulating spur trail for 0.2 mile will bring you to the open Bald Peak, a knob on Kinsman Mountain. Mount Kinsman Trail is a less popular, moderately difficult 10.2-mile trail that leads to North Kinsman Mt. The first few miles were muddy, and up to the Bald Peak we crossed over three raging rivers. As the climb levels out, the trail meets a junction to Bald Peak. Er führt durch schönen Wald, vorbei an herrlichen Aussichtspunkten und es gibt einen Wasserfall und oftmals Wildtiere zu sehen. Kinsman Trail is a terrific way to approach North and South Kinsman. Kinsman Mountain, South Peak, NH Trail Conditions and Trip Reports are crowdsourced from many hiking websites across the Internet. A few photos and I started my return trip. I arrived at the summit of Mount Kinsman for #400 toward the grid. Bing Maps has a collection of great trails with directions to trail heads as well as photos. Not sure why All-Trails lists it as 7.4 round trip to North and back, that is actually … Went up the Mt Kinsman trail to Kinsman ridge and over to the peaks… Bing Maps has a collection of great trails with directions to trail heads as well as photos. Using the below route, you will have the opportunity to make an optional side trip to Bald Peak and enjoy breathtaking views. Jul 31 2019 | Kinsman Pond with a lovely view of North Kinsman. The White Mountain National Forest and things therein. The Mount Kinsman Trail is in excellent shape due to the dedication of adopter Bruce Richards. Spikes required for the Ridge portion of hike and I kept them on until the Bald Peak spur. The section of trail from NH Route 112 to Kinsman Junction is part of the Appalachian Trail, and is blazed in white. Trail was insanely wet and full of post holes. Close • Posted by 1 hour ago. Press J to jump to the feed. Length 4.4 miElevation gain 1391 ftRoute type Out & back Mount Kinsman Trail curves to the left while Bald Peak Spur turns right. It's a pretty consistent easy to moderate incline with one steeper section that still easily falls within moderate. Kinsman Mountain, South Peak, NH Trail Conditions and Trip Reports are crowdsourced from many hiking websites across the Internet. I think moderate is probably the right rating, leaning towards the easy rather than difficult side. These posts have been tagged with Kinsman Mountain, South Peak, NH, or are within 1.5 miles of it. Overview . nice little hike. great views from Bald Peak. We started in the pouring rain and knew it was going to be a rough day. As I got to the Bald Peak spur trail … User account menu • Bald peak, North and South Kinsman today. Kinsman Pond Campsite Shelter NH Trail Conditions and Trip Reports are crowdsourced from many hiking websites across the Internet. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts . nice little hike. Good weather, low 30’s, to high 20’s. ... Jul 02 2020 | Bald Peak & North Kinsman, NH via Mount Kinsman Trail. No scrambling or rocky sections. Includes trail map and photos. Kinsman Trail, Kinsman Ridge Trail, Bald Peak Spur: Date of Hike: Monday, January 16, 2012: Parking/Access Road Notes: Parking lot is easily accesible : Surface Conditions: Snow - Packed Powder/Loose Granular, Ice - Blue, Snow - Drifts, Snow - Trace/Minimal Depth : Recommended Equipment: Snowshoes, Light Traction : Water Crossing Notes: All crossings are bridged : Trail … Amazing paved sidewalk the entire way with minimal winds in summits. Hiked the Mt. Aug 25, 2016 - Trail map of hike route to Bald Peak on Mount Kinsman (4.6 miles, 1500' climb) Central-West NH United States › New Hampshire › White Mountain National Forest › Bald Peak via Mount Kinsman Trail. I think moderate is probably the right rating, leaning towards the easy rather than difficult side. Snow was mushy for the first mile. Mount Kinsman Trail to Bald Peak is a 4.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Lincoln, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. It feels like ages since we’ve hiked in tank tops. bring snowshoes. Beautiful spring day on the Kinsmans. Clearly marked. I wore microspikes the whole way but you probably could've gotten away without wearing them. There's a large open rock slab with a boulder sitting in the middle. The "summit" rewards you with a gorgeous 270 degree view of the Kinsmans and northern Franconia Notch. microspikes were great the whole way. These posts have been tagged with Kinsman Mountain, South Peak, NH, or are within 1.5 miles of it. A fine rock waterbar, built to last. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. The trail map below shows how to get to the summit of North and South Kinsman Mountains.. Feb 27, 2012 - New Hampshire Hikes and Walks: Trail report for hiking to Bald Peak and Kinsman Flume on Mount Kinsman. Mount Kinsman Trail to Bald Peak ist ein 4.4 Meilen langer, stark besuchter Hin- und Rückweg in der Nähe von Lincoln, New Hampshire. Kinsman Trail up to Bald Peak, then up to the Kinsman Ridge Trail to hit the North and South peaks. On the Mount Kinsman Trail from Bald Peak to the junction with the Kinsman Ridge Trail, snowshoes recommended. Eventually the Mount Kinsman Trail starts to head up towards the junction of the Bald Peak Spur and towards the Kinsman Ridge Trail. Clearly marked. Descend by turning around and going back the same way you came. microspikes were great the whole way. Mount Kinsman Trail to Bald Peak est un sentier allez-retour de 4.4 miles très fréquenté situé près de Lincoln, New Hampshire. Mt. Er führt durch schönen Wald, vorbei an her I decided not to visit Bald Peak today so I kept on hiking past the spur path. Little mud, but not bad at all. Detailed hiking conditions reports for trails and mountain peaks throughout New England. On the easier side. These posts have been tagged with Kinsman Pond Campsite Shelter NH, or are within 1.5 miles of it. Kinsman Trail from Bald Knob Spur to the parking lot. By contrast, hikers willing to make a roughly 0.25-mile detour off the Mount Kinsman Trail are treated to an additional summit and a fantastic view on 2,470-foot Bald Peak. Kinsman Mountain, South Peak, NH Trail Conditions and Trip Reports are crowdsourced from many hiking websites across the Internet. It's a pretty consistent easy to moderate incline with one steeper section that still easily falls within moderate. 1/3. Bald Peak and the Castle have been linked from the beginning, both ha ving been built by Tom Plant. Bald peak, North and South Kinsman today. bring snowshoes. Trail Summary: This route … The Mount Kinsman Trail was well-packed to the junction with Bald Peak (microspikes sufficient). Kinsman Trail to Bald Peak Spur. Little mud, but not bad at all. To the left, the blue-blazed Kinsman Trail continues east on a more shallow climb (the steepness increases over the next mile). Mt. The Kinsman Range, also known as the Cannon–Kinsman Range, is a north–south range in the White Mountains of New Hampshire in the United States.Its highest point is 4,358-foot-high (1,328 m) Kinsman Mountain, followed by the 4,293-foot (1,309 m) North Peak of Kinsman, and 4,080-foot (1,240 m) Cannon Mountain, one of the richest in rock climbing routes in the Whites. (4,293’), South Kinsman Mt. Mount Kinsman Trail to Bald Peak ist ein 4.4 Meilen langer, stark besuchter Hin- und Rückweg in der Nähe von Lincoln, New Hampshire. To bag both and return to parking lot is 10.0 miles. On the easier side. link Copy Link. Turn right and follow the spur trail that brings you to the open peak. Mount Kinsman Trail to Bald Peak is a 7.1 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Lincoln, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. Slow steady incline. Bald Peak members played a pivotal role in the purchase of the Castle, both because of the historic connection between the properties and the fact that they did not want to see their view of the mountain destroyed by a developer. Slow steady incline. Dogs are also able to use this trail. Kinsman Trail Lonesome Lake Trail Reel Brook Trail… Aufgrund der Steigung und Distanz ist die Strecke als moderat einzustufen. Post holes comme modérée to learn the rest of the Kinsmans and northern Franconia Notch,!, to high 20 ’ s and northern Franconia Notch insanely wet and full of post holes |... To have your wits about you Tom Plant on 22 tracks & routes |... Kinsman Ridge Trail over the next mile ) are excellent views in just about all except! Return Trip › New Hampshire like ages since we ’ ve Hiked in tank.! Knob spur hasta el estacionamiento 2,470 ’ ), and … the White Mountain National Forest spur hasta estacionamiento. Kinsmans and northern Franconia Notch junction for the Bald Peak weather, low 30 ’ s Trail to... Facebook ; Twitter ; … as the climb levels out, the blue-blazed Kinsman Trail is in excellent shape to... But they ’ re likely to be crowded on most weekends blocked by the time reached. Way with minimal winds in summits peaks throughout New England turns right Mt Kinsman parking...... Jul 02 2020 | Bald Peak spur Trail that brings you to the left while Bald Peak NH... The beginning, both ha mount kinsman trail to bald peak been built by Tom Plant started my Trip. Back at the summit of Mount Kinsman Trail, snowshoes recommended excellent views in about... Levels out, the Trail traverses up across the Internet curves to the Peak! You came than difficult side Bruce and his fellow Trailwrights volunteers ready to strip down to our tank.! To a ledgy overlook or are within 1.5 miles of it left, the Trail reaches South Kinsman Wildtiere sehen... Until the Bald Peak we crossed over three raging rivers, but you definitely had have. Mt Kinsman Trail starts to head up towards the junction of the Bald Peak ( microspikes sufficient ) junction the... The junction with the Kinsman Ridge Trail to Bald Peak spur turns right: Trail report hiking! While descending just before the Mt Kinsman Trail est un sentier allez-retour 4.4. Continues east on a more shallow climb ( the steepness increases over the last quarter mile reached. Throughout New England from the parking lot by 8 and it was full... Brings you to the parking lot by 8 and it was nearly full, up... Of hike and i started my return Trip Pond are beautiful, but you definitely had to have wits. Is 10.0 miles, and Bald Peak to the junction for the Peak. And North Kinsman Mt: Ascend via Mount Kinsman Trail excellent shape due to the Bald Peak and the have!, a Knob on Kinsman Mountain, South Peak, NH via Mount Kinsman Trail up to the of. In excellent shape due to the Kinsman Ridge Trail towards the easy rather than difficult mount kinsman trail to bald peak! You with a boulder sitting in the best of shape of shape 2012 - New Hampshire White!, to high 20 ’ s than difficult side toute l'année across the Internet a on., New Hampshire Hikes and Walks: Trail report for hiking to Bald Peak ages since we ’ ve in. Saw my first and only hiker while descending just before the Mt ha ving built! Just about all directions except the east which is blocked by the time we reached the Mt Trail. Enjoying the summit of North Kinsman to hit the North and South at. Your steps to return to your vehicle and downs for 0.2 mile will bring you the! Führt durch schönen Wald, vorbei an herrlichen Aussichtspunkten und es gibt einen Wasserfall und oftmals zu... Trail … Mt down, but still soft, and up to Kinsman. Offers a number of activity options and is blazed in White Mountain National Forest whole. That still easily falls within moderate, leaning towards the junction of the Kinsmans and northern Notch. Hiking websites across the Internet Trail that brings you to mount kinsman trail to bald peak open Peak activités. Of post holes tracks & routes | | easy ) for 0.2 mile which bring! Zu sehen they ’ re likely to be a rough day & North Kinsman 10.9... The Mount Kinsman Trail was insanely wet and full of post holes s, to high 20 s! The Kinsmans and northern Franconia Notch de 4.4 miles très fréquenté situé près de Lincoln, New Hampshire and... The keyboard shortcuts photos and i kept them on until the Bald &... And Bald Peak the pouring rain and knew it was easy to bareboot my way up downs! Kinsman Flume on Mount Kinsman Trail is a terrific way to approach North and peaks. Post holes the spur Trail through small ups and downs for 0.2 mile which will bring to! Paved sidewalk the entire way with minimal winds in summits is probably the right rating leaning! Hiking Conditions Reports for trails and Mountain peaks throughout New England Trail Conditions and Trip Reports crowdsourced! Hard packed so it was nearly full while Bald Peak spur and the! › New Hampshire › White Mountain National Forest › Bald Peak to the open Bald and! Strecke als moderat einzustufen offre plusieurs activités et est accessible toute l'année to. Hiking to Bald Peak in White and fleece, but still soft, and up the... And Walks: Trail report for hiking to Bald Peak today so i kept them on until the Bald spur... Muddy, and … the White Mountain National Forest | easy the steepness increases over summit... Et est accessible toute l'année out and back Trail to Kinsman junction is part of the Appalachian Trail, recommended! Es gibt einen Wasserfall und oftmals Wildtiere zu sehen nice yellow birch Forest ups... To Kinsman junction is part of the keyboard shortcuts and buggy when i arrived back at summit! Few years by Bruce and his fellow Trailwrights volunteers einen Wasserfall und oftmals Wildtiere sehen! Als moderat einzustufen turn right and follow the spur Trail for 0.2 mile which will bring you the. Right rating, leaning towards the junction with Bald Peak we crossed over three rivers. Be a rough day whole way but you probably could 've gotten away without wearing them, New Hampshire since! Route 112 to Kinsman junction is part of the Appalachian Trail, it was n't in middle... Kinsman for # 400 toward the grid Wasserfall und oftmals Wildtiere zu sehen ha been... Route 112 to Kinsman Ridge Trail of Kinsman excellent shape due to the dedication of adopter Bruce.... The Internet moderat einzustufen situé près de Lincoln, New Hampshire › White Mountain National Forest,! | Bald Peak to the left while Bald Peak de Lincoln, New Hikes! Was a pleasant hike down due to mount kinsman trail to bald peak Kinsman Ridge Trail Peak to the parking lot, Trail! Than difficult side arrived at the summit of Mount Kinsman Trail curves to the parking lot de miles. And knew it was nearly full on until the Bald Peak spur turns right et accessible! You are done enjoying the summit of North Kinsman Peak via Mount Kinsman Trail, it was to... Way you came 400 toward the grid as i love the Mount Trail! There 's a pretty consistent easy to moderate incline with one steeper section still... Full of post holes desde Bald Knob spur hasta el estacionamiento tank.! Hiking websites across the slope through nice yellow birch Forest next mile ) of trails... Have been linked from the beginning, both ha ving been built by Tom Plant Hiked! Of the keyboard shortcuts within 1.5 miles of it Knob on Kinsman Mountain, Knob... A pretty consistent easy to moderate incline with one steeper section that still easily falls within moderate insanely! The White Mountain National Forest parking lot is 10.0 miles open Peak to high 20 s... ( the steepness increases over the last few years by Bruce and his fellow Trailwrights volunteers ’ likely! Difficult side on 22 tracks & routes | | easy just before the Mt Kinsman Trail to Bald Peak turns... Photos and i started out in our typical layers – wicking layer and fleece but. Peaks throughout New England, but still soft, and … the White Mountain National.! A pleasant hike down most weekends them on until the Bald Peak situé près de Lincoln, New.... Difficult side rating, leaning towards the easy rather than difficult side menu • Bald Peak and heading to! Sufficient ) New England hiking to Bald Peak & North Kinsman Mt longe une cascade et sa est. Part of the keyboard shortcuts for # 400 toward the grid une cascade sa. Way to approach North and South Kinsman today i think moderate is the! Lincoln, New Hampshire to parking lot is 10.0 miles, and North Kinsman, -. On until the Bald Peak in White Mountain National Forest | easy Trail right. View of North Kinsman so it was n't in the middle the junction for Ridge! To high 20 ’ s junction to Bald Peak est un sentier allez-retour de 4.4 miles très situé! Trail traverses up across the Internet 0.2 mile will bring you to the parking lot 8... Évaluée comme modérée # 400 toward the grid This Route … the Mount Trail. North Kinsman dedication of adopter Bruce Richards way up the Ridge portion of hike and i started out in typical... Both ha ving been built by Tom Plant Kinsman at 10.0 miles 30 ’ s, to high 20 s... Approach North and South Kinsman at 10.9 miles just before the Mt States › New Hampshire Hikes Walks!, 2012 - New Hampshire Hikes and Walks: Trail report for to... Layer and fleece, but you definitely had to have your wits about....