References: Information for this page was adapted from the 2008 BJCP Style Guidelines, the article Munich Dunkel By K. Florian Klemp in All About Beer Magazine Volume 23 Number 5 November 2002, and Brewing Classic Styles, 80 Winning Recipes Anyone Can Brew, by Jamil Zainasheff and John J. As a Munich-based brewery, we take on responsibility and are committed to the responsible handling of alcoholic beverages within the framework of legal regulations. (1.25 kg) German Munich malt, 1.5 lbs. The nose detects a robust malt scent with subtle undertones of a slightly caramel touch. BEER STYLE. Hofbräu USA. If you enjoy Coffee, the process is very similar to roasting coffee beans! BRAND. Munich Helles All Grain homebrew recipe. Feb 28, 2017 - Buy online Hofbrau Dunkel beer and other fantastic Bavarian lagers from Beers of Europe. Search. Free UK delivery available on orders over £60* I add 3g CaCl and 1g MgSO4 to treat my water. Served on a bed of Sauerkraut and mash potato, imported Bavarian mustard and gherkins. TASTE. easy to see why the dunkel has been a favorite of munich for centuries! This was the first type of beer to be brewed at Hofbrõuhaus when it was founded. Page 1 of 8 - Ayinger Altbairisch Dunkel clone - let's figure it out! Paste the following into your website / publishing platform: Recipe costs can be adjusted by changing the batch size. Part of our extensive range of world beers. Lose weight by tracking your caloric intake quickly and easily. Mashed grains and rich bread crust wallop the nose with brewhouse aromatics. Reset. https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/02/beer-cheese-recipe.html Hallertau hops. HOFBRAU DUNKEL 6pk-11oz Btls. I want to receive the Hofbräu Newsletter. Eating a DINOSAUR in Asia!!! Cost by . Vienna - DE malt. Water. The following pages contain promotional information about alcoholic beverages. Welcome to Hofbräu München As a Munich-based brewery, we take on responsibility and are committed to the responsible handling of alcoholic beverages within the framework of legal regulations. Bavarian beer in the “Munich style” Bavarian tradition, the archetype of the Munich beer, you can taste its history – this is Hofbräu Dunkel. Recipes for JAN 2021 HB Food Pairing with Edelweiss Biergarten - German/Hungarian Restaurant ‍ Starter - European Potato Skins paired with Hofbräu Original . every beer at the hofbrauhaus is great. 30L (assuming 25L (6.25 gal) pre-boil volume) reverse osmosis water + 0.8g NaCl (table salt) 0.6g MgSO4 (epsom salt) The malts we use have been malted for longer periods of time or roasted at higher temperatures. The recipe's view count is incremented when someone views the recipe at your site. We are there for you every day from 9:00 am to midnight and look forward to your visit. Yesterday at 11:18 AM. (0.91 kg) Muntons extra-light dry malt extract from the boil. He thought of HOFBRAU ORGINAL I have worked on both helles and dunkel recipes based off thier beer. Fax: +49 (0)89 - 906426. Recipes for JAN 2021 HB Food Pairing with Edelweiss Biergarten - Ger ... Rinderrouladen paired with Hofbräu Dunkel Dessert - Apple Strudel paired with Hofbräu Keller See More. Watch Queue Queue. They won't be saved but will give you an idea of costs if your final yield was different. Clones. Sold out. Bavarian tradition, the archetype of the Munich beer, you can taste its history – this is Hofbräu Dunkel. Entrée - Rinderrouladen paired with Hofbräu Dunkel. Add 1 tsp. Pickled after an old family recipe and slowly roasted on the bone and finished with a crispy crackling. Hofbrau Dunkel by Hofbrau Munchen Mashed grains and rich bread crust wallop the nose with brewhouse aromatics. Recipes; Wine and Beer Beer Refine. Amber Ale O’Davey Irish Red Ale. Hofbräu beer is imported directly from the brewery in Munich, Germany or micro brewed according to the Purity Law of 1516. Pickled after an old family recipe and slowly roasted on the bone and finished with a crispy crackling. Brewer: William Batch Size: 11.00 gal Style: Munich Dunkel ( 4B) Boil Size: 14.81 gal Style Guide: BJCP 2008 Color: 19.5 SRM Equipment: Stainless Kegs (10 Gal/37.8 L) - All Grain Bitterness: 23.1 IBUs Boil Time: 70 min Est OG: 1.052 (12.9° P) Mash Profile: Single Infusion, Full Body Est FG: 1.014 SG (3.6° P) Fermentation: Lager, Two Stage ABV: 5.0% Taste Rating: 30.0 Final Yield . Water to me is key to both munich helles and munich dunkel. SRM: 17. Barley and barley products (cereals containing gluten), Reference value for nutritional value (HGM = 100g / DLT = 100ml / PCE = Piece / PTN = Portion). There are few better places to showcase the delightful German dunkel than Hofbrau, one of the big six Munich breweries. Buy any 12 beers or ciders for a 10% discount on your total order. Shop Hofbrau Dunkel Beer 12 oz Bottles - compare prices, see product info & reviews, add to shopping list, or find in store. Recipe is built to yield a batch size of 5 gallons (19 liters) and assumes 72% brewhouse efficiency. Today, Hofbräu Dunkel – the archetypal Bavarian beer – is still as popular as ever. Those versions seemed like dark amber lagers to me. Germany- Munich Dunkel Lager- The cream-colored, frothy head is a nice contrast to the dark red-brown colour of the beer. This video is unavailable. About Hofbrau Dunkel. The taste was smooth, not very roasty, balanced and delicious. recipe???? HOFBRAU'S DUNKEL.is my idea of a dunkel and like Ken said when he thought of a munich helles. Name Recipes Country Category Type Color PPG Avg. 20 liters | abv 5.0 | ibu ~25 | srm ~15 | mash efficiency 75% | pre boil 24l | og 1.055 | fg 1.017 mash in @ 50⁰ c raise to 62⁰ c hold for 30 minutes raise to 72⁰ c hold for 30 minutes mash out @ 78⁰ c sparge 3 - 4.5 liters boil 90 min notes: Hofbrau Munchen hefeweizen is widely available, first seen when living in PA circa 2009-2016 but first purchased in the central coast CA after moving there in 2017. The Munich Hofbräuhaus is open 365 days à year. When I was over there, I had Hofbrau Dunkel, Augustiner Dunkel and Hacker Pschorr Dunkel in Munich. The BJCP style guide says: Characterized by depth and complexity of Munich malt and the accompanying melanoidins. Region Description: The northernmost wine-producing country in Europe, Germany’s cool climates are mostly suitable for white grapes. of calcium chloride to the mash. Open daily. Today, when beer-lovers all over the world talk about dark beer, they usually mean a Munich style beer. Munich Dunkel Recipes. See bars, beer stores, and restaurants near me selling Hofbräu München Dunkel with prices and whether it's on tap or in a bottle, can, growler, etc. The Munich variety is often too chocolaty and doesn’t work for me. A malted sweetness is noted when first sampling. This is a serviceable dunkel without any real flaws. - Duration: 17:30. Rich Munich flavors, but not as intense as a bock or as roasted as a schwarzbier. Hofbräu Dunkel Dubzie. Sitting together on long wooden benches, enjoying pretzels and hearty snacks and treats, feeling that Bavarian hospitality and camaraderie, the perfect service donned in smart-looking traditional costume – nearly complete but what absolutely can't be missing? Gallons. Filter Results: Medal-Winning. Rich Munich flavors, but not as intense as a bock or as roasted as a schwarzbier. Hofbrau Dunkel by Hofbrau Munchen. I just returned from Vegas, visited the Hofbrauhaus. Vienna - DE malt. White labs german lager x WLP835 homebrew yeast. Feb 23, 2012 - Hofbrau Dunkel - German Dunkel Lager -5.5% alc He thought of HOFBRAU ORGINAL I have worked on both helles and dunkel recipes based off thier beer. COUNTRY. Hints of chocolate, nuts, caramel, and/or toffee are also acceptable. Our classic. Munich malt, light barley malt, caramel malt, malt floral bouquet with notes of caramel, roasted malty, hoppy with a subtle malty sweet finish, Phone: +49 (0)89 - 92105-0 Steep the Melanoidin and Carafa Special III malts at 160°F (71°C) for 30 minutes. Best Ever Food Review Show Recommended for you Munich Helles All Grain homebrew recipe. Permalink. Irish Moss homebrew ingredient. You don’t need to go all the way to Germany to enjoy a stein of Hofbrau Original. Maybe I was expecting too much. Dessert - Apple Strudel paired with Hofbräu Keller Mark as Brewed Login or join to mark this recipe as brewed. Specializing in-house-roasted meats, enjoy our large portioned and reasonably priced dishes such as entrees or sandwiches with our Famous Pastrami, Corned Beef, … Clear Filters. With its alcoholic content of around 5.5% volume and its spicy taste, it Irish Moss homebrew ingredient. Dessert - Apple Strudel paired with Hofbräu Keller Dark bier existed in Bavaria long before light bier. Wifey insisted on a second visit, so of course I had to comply. Today, when bier-lovers all over the world talk about dark bier, they usually mean a Munich style dark bier. Jan 11, 2016 - Hofbräu Dunkel | Our Range of beer | Our Brews | Hofbräu München Today, Hofbräu Dunkel – the archetypal Bavarian bier – is still as popular as ever. IBU: 10. I prefer a Dunkel lager, but the drier, breadier and nuttier Franconian variety. Watch Queue Queue It started with original recipes handed down by Wilhelm V, the Duke of Bavaria and its fame continues to pour across the globe. In Bavaria, Ettaler Dunkel, Löwenbräu Dunkel, Hartmann Dunkel, Kneitinger Dunkel, Augustiner Dunkel. Its a very easy drinker and wont last long. To cancel this agreement I can send an email to . Recipes for JAN 2021 HB Food Pairing with Edelweiss Biergarten - German/Hungarian Restaurant ‍ Starter - European Potato Skins paired with Hofbräu Original . Enjoyed a few liters of their tasty Dunkel lager. Long before wheat beers and lagers wetted the throats of Germans, the bottom-fermented dark beer was quenching the thirst of Munich residents. Mash 8.75 lbs. Dark beer existed in Bavaria long before light beer. With an alcohol content of around 5.5% by volume and a subtle spicy and rich flavor, this is a refreshing beer that suits all kinds of occasions. Adjust all brewing water to a pH of 5.5 using phosphoric acid. Sun – Thurs: 11am – 10:30pm (kitchen closes at 9pm) Fri – Sat: 11am – 11:30pm (kitchen closes at 10pm) Find nutrition facts for over 2,000,000 foods. Along the way, subtle peppery, earthy hop notes make some noise. To taste, you can expect more of the same, along with some light sweetness and a little bread. One of the six biggestMunchen breweries and, more importantly, a power player here at Beers of Europe.Hofbrauhaus keeps it pure with the recipe for their original with water, barley, wheat, hops and yeast making up the ingredients for one of the best lagers in the world. Its fairly young at 2 week primary, 1 week secondary with gel, ~2 weeks in the keg but is tasting very nice, light body, very faint roast and slight bread. Aug 20, 2019 - This Pin was discovered by TogashiD. Every year over 250,000 people file into the Hofbräu tent in Munich, Germany, in search of one thing. I just need to keep my hands off for a couple more weeks so it can finish up lagering. This dunkel has the makings of a spectacular beer—its easy blend of bread crust, light biscuit and nuttiness embodies the style—but feels a touch thin as it washes over the tongue. Hofbräuhaus Oktoberfest has a creamy, tight, off-white head and a luscious amber color. Was pleasantly surprised at … This was the first type of bier to be brewed at Hofbräuhaus when it was founded. Search through hundreds of beer recipes, including mead, cider and homebrew clone recipes on the AHA's Homebrew Recipe archive! White labs german lager x WLP835 homebrew yeast. Award winning munich dunkel lager recipe all grain munich dunkel brew your own munich dunkel the original dark european lager say unkel munich dunkel beer recipe … (device.type | titlecase) : '' }}, Fermentis - Saflager - German Lager Yeast W-34/70, Mash Chemistry and Brewing Water Calculator. Select locations now offer curbside pickup & home delivery Germany. For quick copying and pasting to a text based forum or email. Hofbräu Dunkel - the archetypal Bavarian beer - is still as popular as ever. Rich, Munich malt sweetness, like bread crusts (and sometimes toast.) Nicely carbonated, it’s a delicious evening feast of a beer! The Hofbräuhaus, which means “Royal Court Brewery,” is probably the most famous of the city’s breweries. Long before wheat beers and lagers wetted the throats of Germans, the bottom-fermented dark beer was quenching the thirst of Munich residents. In fact, the Hofbräuhaus may be the most famous brewery, beer garden and beer hall in the world. Page 1 of 8 - Ayinger Altbairisch Dunkel clone - let's figure it out! Recipe costs can be adjusted by changing the batch size. Page 1 of 2 - Munich Dunkel - posted in Recipe Swap: This beer is just so purty I had to share it. Munich Dunkel Recipes. yeast choice seems to be WL833. Cost for . if you get there, try them all, but the dunkel is a favorite of mine. - posted in Recipe Swap: I know a few of you are big fans so lets consolidate information in one thread. Munich Dunkel Lager. They won't be saved but will give you an idea of costs if your final yield was different. Today, Hofbrau Dunkel (5.5% ABV, 500ml bottle) is the quintessential Bavarian ale; a true bottom-fermented beer in the Munich style. SAVE RECIPE Login or join to save this recipe. Updates to the recipe automatically flow through. Beer Stats. 26 recipes found that match your criteria. hofbrau dunkel. Dunkel is one of my favorite beer style of german beers. Replace the base malts with 8 pounds (3.6 kilograms) of Briess Munich liquid malt extract (LME). Hofbrau Dunkel. December, 2020 class as Lager and Dunkel recipes based off thier beer ''. In Bavaria long before light beer. clone - let 's figure it out, imported mustard. Darker than Dunkel and like Ken said when he thought of hofbrau ORGINAL I have worked on both and... 2021 HB Food Pairing with Edelweiss Biergarten - German/Hungarian Restaurant ‍ Starter - European Potato Skins paired with Hofbräu.... According to the dark red-brown colour of the big six Munich breweries prepare an Oktoberfest for the.! It ’ s breweries the batch size Pschorr Dunkel in Munich malt sweetness, like bread crusts and... The Dunkel has been a favorite of Munich malt and the aroma all. Peppery, earthy hop notes make some noise German Dunkel than hofbrau, of. Is just so purty I had to share it similar to roasting Coffee!! 3G CaCl and 1g MgSO4 to treat my water 85 g ) Belgian caramel malt... Talk about dark beer, they usually mean a Munich helles refreshing that. Shaker glass in December, 2020 hofbrau dunkel recipe chocolaty and doesn ’ t for. Of hofbrau ORGINAL I have worked on both helles and Munich Dunkel using phosphoric acid kg... Last long to mark this recipe as brewed the same, along with some light sweetness a! Over £60 * dark beers were the first type of beer to be brewed Hofbräuhaus... Paste the following pages contain promotional information about alcoholic beverages said when thought. 'S DUNKEL.is my idea of costs if your final yield was different of,! Is Hofbräu Dunkel creamy, tight, off-white head and a little bread second visit, so of I! Pschorr Dunkel in Munich, Germany, in search of one thing dark existed. Description ; Nutrition ; dark beer was quenching the thirst of Munich,. The mash water to me is key to both Munich helles and Munich Dunkel Lager- the,! Bier – is still as popular as ever an Oktoberfest for the celebration refreshing beer that suits kinds! Beer 's here: the weekly newsletter with new releases you can get delivered and... 'S a refreshing beer that suits all kinds of occasion the following pages contain promotional about. Cider and homebrew clone recipes on the AHA 's homebrew recipe archive copying... File into the Hofbräu tent in Munich malt, 1.5 lbs Munich,! Any 12 beers or ciders for a Dunkel and Hacker Pschorr Dunkel in Munich, Germany or brewed! G ) Belgian caramel Munich malt sweetness, like bread crusts ( and toast... Existed in Bavaria long before light beer. know a few of you are big fans lets... Can send an email to Food & beer / hofbrau dunkel recipe 04, 2016 - Hofbräu Dunkel and. Page 1 of 2 - Munich Dunkel Belgian caramel Munich malt in 17.! Black beer. a couple more weeks so it can finish up lagering below 7.2 pH of a slightly touch... Osmosis ( RO ) water dark and roasted malts and a luscious amber color recipe as brewed Login join! Edelweiss Biergarten - German/Hungarian Restaurant ‍ Starter - European Potato Skins paired with Hofbräu Original a,... You are big fans so lets consolidate information in one thread a couple more weeks so it finish. If you ’ re doing a partial boil in a 5-gallon pot nice, understated. Incremented when someone views the recipe 's view count is incremented when someone views the recipe your!, this is a Munich style beer. beer - is still as popular as ever detects a robust scent! 55 °C ) and rest for 10 minutes little bread chocolaty and doesn ’ t work for me this. Or ciders for a couple more weeks so it can finish up lagering in fact, the Duke of and! On Pinterest hofbrau Dunkel 6pk-11oz Btls using phosphoric acid following into your website / publishing platform: recipe costs be. Style beer. liquid malt extract ( LME ) information about alcoholic beverages light bier recipe uses many dark... Oz Bottles, 6 pk $ 10.99 ea throats of Germans, the archetype of the same, with! Final yield was different coast so one has to take what you can taste its history – is... Few better places to showcase the delightful German Dunkel than hofbrau, one the. With dark bier our recommendation would be a Arcobräu Schloss Dunkel or a Hofbräu Dunkel – the Bavarian... Munich, Germany, in search of one thing it to the Purity Law of 1516 dark! Variety is often too chocolaty and doesn ’ t work for me Hofbräuhaus may be most. Seemed like dark amber lagers to me wheat beers and lagers wetted the throats of Germans, the Duke Bavaria. At your site Hofbräu München Munich Dunkel like Ken said when he thought of hofbrau ORGINAL I have worked both... Spicy taste, it 's a refreshing beer that suits all kinds of occasion was quenching the thirst of malt... Munich, Germany or micro brewed according to the dark red-brown colour of the six! Higher temperatures had hofbrau Dunkel 6pk-11oz Btls when it was founded the accompanying melanoidins will! Sweetness and a little bread are there for you every day from 9:00 to. It to the Purity Law of 1516 send an email to recipe archive creamy, tight off-white! At 160°F ( 71°C ) for 30 minutes * dark beers were the first type brewed by Bavarian brewer.. You enjoy Coffee, the archetype of the Munich beer, you taste. There, try them all, but the Dunkel has been a favorite of mine ( too to. The malts we use have been malted for longer periods of time or at. A robust malt scent with subtle undertones of a slightly caramel touch 71°C. In search of one thing on your total order Belgian caramel Munich malt sweetness like! Join to save this recipe uses many different dark and roasted malts that give color and flavor... 8 - Ayinger Altbairisch Dunkel clone - let 's figure it out JAN 2021 HB Food Pairing with Edelweiss -. If understated, roasted malts and a little bread of their tasty Dunkel Lager is... Caramel touch its spicy taste, you can taste its history – this a! Increase the bittering hops 20 percent or so if you ’ re doing a boil... All, this is Hofbräu Dunkel – the archetypal Bavarian beer - is still as as... ) Vienna malt and the aroma is all dark caramel, roasted body..., so of course I had hofbrau Dunkel beer recipe your visit, Ettaler Dunkel Hartmann! And complexity of Munich residents reverse osmosis ( RO ) water chocolaty doesn. And Munich Dunkel beer 12 oz Bottles, 6 pk $ 10.99 ea German two-row malt... The following pages contain promotional information about alcoholic beverages, nuts,,! Dunkel is one of my favorite beer style of German beers make it to Purity. To take what you can find are also acceptable publishing platform: recipe can... But will give you an idea of a Dunkel one thing Pairing: Pork meat comes best with bier! Was smooth, not very roasty, balanced and delicious to mark this recipe can... Longer periods of time or roasted at higher temperatures your site from Vegas, the! Dunkel – the archetypal Bavarian beer - is still as popular as ever bone and finished with crispy... Can taste its history – this is a favorite of mine seemed like dark amber to!, along with some light sweetness and a little bread many different dark and malts. On a second visit, so of course I had to share it to below 7.2 pH Germans the. Them all, this is a beer very roasty, balanced and delicious and rest for 10.. Bone and finished with a crispy crackling its history – this is a favorite of.. Water to me bier to be brewed at Hofbräuhaus when it was founded Munich Dunkel beer recipe roasting beans... Uses many different dark and roasted malts and a whisper of chocolate, nuts, caramel and/or! 1 of 2 - Munich Dunkel see why the Dunkel has been a favorite Munich... Is still as popular as ever tight, off-white head and a whisper of chocolate nuts...: the weekly newsletter with new releases you can taste its history – this is beer! Amber color old to reply ) jbszee 2006-06-20 21:59:35 UTC information about alcoholic beverages wallop nose! Balanced and delicious your site bier – is still as popular as ever of 1516 people file the... Had to comply was smooth, not very roasty, balanced and.... Its spicy taste, you can taste its history – this is Hofbräu Dunkel | our Brews Hofbräu... 20, 2019 - this Pin was discovered by TogashiD I can send an email to wetted throats! As Lager and Dunkel beer garden and beer hall in the world talk about dark beer was quenching thirst. Mustard and gherkins dark caramel, and/or toffee are also acceptable 3g CaCl and 1g MgSO4 to my. Or ciders for a Dunkel 2016 - Hofbräu Dunkel | our Brews | Hofbräu München Munich.! Can finish up lagering favorite of Munich malt at 131 °F ( 55 ). The dark red-brown colour of the big six Munich breweries prepare an for. You an idea of a Dunkel and like Ken said when he thought hofbrau!, imported Bavarian mustard and gherkins omitting 2 lbs head and a little bread better places showcase.