Photography by Avery Carter
It’s my birthday! AND I’M 30!!! I’m still kind of freaking out about it but trying to remain positive as everyone I’ve talked to has said 30s are the new 20s and the best years so here’s to hoping. Tomorrow we leave for The Greenbrier to celebrate and you can bet this outfit is making its way in my suitcase. What’s a birthday party without Lilly anyway?! This gold two piece set scream for a celebration and I love it with my Pink Reef earrings, it’s like they were made for the dress (and me!).
I thought I’d compile a list of things I want to do this year for my first year in my 30s. Things to make me a better, happier person, goals to achieve, etc. So here it goes…
- Get together a solid skincare routine. To be honest, most days I wash my face when I wake up and before bed and throw on a moisturizers and some eye cream and then use my GloPro twice a week. I want to work more face masks into my schedule, a multiple step system of creams to keep my skin young and healthy and introduce monthly facials as I tend to get them sporadically.
- While we’re on it I just need a better beauty routine in general. I want to preschedule out my haircuts and highlights, brow waxes and nails. Confession… I ALWAYS have chipped nail polish and rarely a nice mani.
- Tackle my psoriatic arthritis. I finally have a medicine that works wonders but I’d like to try and eliminate the pain even more by eliminating or at least limiting gluten and dairy which are inflammatories.
- Travel more! I do a decent amount of travel for both work and fun and I plan to continue that this year. I want to see and more, experience different things, take in the sights and culture.
- Stick with a workout! I’ve finally found a workout I love but for some reason I can’t get into a groove with it, I think the travel for work doesn’t help honestly but I know many people figure it out and I need to as well. This may me waking up earlier for workout or even working out in hotels while away.
- Be a better manager. I’m not good at giving direction and I need to get better as a business owner. For some reason I don’t want to be the “bad guy” or I think it’s easier to do it or fix it myself versus explain it and I know that’s hurting myself.
- Let go. Don’t hold onto people or thoughts that are affecting my negatively.