Photography by Avery Carter
Since everyone is stuck inside and cooking a lot more than usual I thought I’d share my favorite recipe for energy balls from Meridith Coyle of ANEU. I make a batch of these at the start of every week and Will and I have one a day for breakfast or a snack. They are relatively healthy and super easy to make!
- 1 C dry oatmeal
- 2/3 C toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 C peanut butter
- 1/2 C ground flax seed
- 1/2 C vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 C honey or agave (I do a combo of both for the best consistency)
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 10 dates
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Once they are nice and chilled roll into 1 inch balls. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze. Males about 20 balls.
Check out more recipes in Meridith’s book available for purchase at ANEU.