This really does make an impressive collection of quality crystal glassware. Thanks again for your continued support. I knew that some people were nervous about it and the blogs reflected it. Whether or not this will be in place in June 2021 is anyone’s guess, although it should be noted it may be necessary at some point for us to restrict the size of our field to less than 200. I know we are all keen to see a return to normality, but I am sure you will all appreciate that the situation is completely out with our control. Always check the official website for up-to-date information. We normally achieve this relatively quickly. 20 Haziran 2020, Cumartesi (Cumartesi) - 01:00 Cut off: 35:00 saat Running 95 miles 14.760 feet 5 ITRA Points Trail Western States UTMB Solo. Finish the West Highland Way in under 30 hours and you give yourself the additional option to ascend and descend Ben Nevis and return to the race finish station within 35 hours. This 'premier' Scottish trail runs from the Lowlands in Milngavie through to the Highlands at Aviemore. The route traverses Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park, Ben Nevis and Glen Coe and the Caingorm National Park with stunning views along the route. The West Highland Way Race is one of the world’s longest established ultra-marathons, first taking place in 1985 on the long distance trail between Milngavie (just north of Glasgow) and Fort William in the Scottish Highlands. The 2020 race 'split time results' can be accessed on the race 'Results and Entries' page. We also wish to keep the environmental impact of support vehicles to a minimum. It is 96 miles over challenging terrain. We aim to create an inclusive, friendly, all in it together atmosphere here at the West Highland Way. To complete the 96 miles of the West Highland Way in 35 hours requires an average speed of, "Thanks Jim for creating a West Highland Way event with sensible/supportive check point cut off times. Sounds like the race atmosphere, challenge and adventure that appeals to you? In late June, Christiañ Stewart, assembled his merry band of misfits and took off across the pond to run a 95 mile race in Scotland. Some of the UK's most 'seasoned ultra runners' have participated in the WHW Challenge Race. This is a huge benefit to so many runners who take part in our race. CONFIRMATION OF ACCEPTANCE INTO THE RACE will be done by adding the entrant's name to the race 'ENTRY LIST' on the web site. A RUNNER has smashed the record for racing Scotland’s most famous long-distance path, the West Highland Way. However we don't take ourselves too seriously. Some just wish to enjoy the stunning Scottish scenery and the camaraderie provided by our event. The reason for not having race sub-group trophies like in many other races, is the Race Committee feel everyone who completes the WHW CHALLENGE RACE (a tough ultra) has completed a great achievment. The West Highland Way Race takes place along the beautiful route of the West Highland Way, allowing competitors to take in some of Scotland’s most stunning scenery. West Highland Way Race. Also we fully understand and appreciate the time, energy and cost involved in making it to the start line of our event, we want you to succeed. This is another reason the WHW Challenge Race organisers provide all necessary support rather than 150+ individual teams and vehicles. The 'Entry Fee' for the WHW Challenge Race and the WHW & Ben Nevis Race is £100 and the Coach Fee for both races is £20. We feel this would be very unfair, particularly if your average pace would see you complete the entire race route in the allotted 35 hour finish time. If we have to make changes we will try to give as much notice as we can, but the very nature of the virus means that changes may be necessary very close to the race itself. They will then proceed down the WHW following the WHW 'Challenge' Race competitors (approximatelly 2 to 4 hours later). We will not be offering any further entries for the 2021 race. 1.1K likes. So good to have all necessary support provided"  Runner 2019 The worst case scenario would be the requirement to cancel the whole race, something we would not want to do but which unfortunately we cannot rule out. West Highland Way Race The week before the race was great. We (the support team) will organise transport to the finish as quickly as possible. This was achieved by having a staggered start, no confined spaces, no Presentation Ceremony and the competitors providing their own food (due to Covid restrictions) in their '7 drop bags'. This is partly achieved by not making over stringent entry requirements and by not making the cut-off times unachievable to steady walkers and walk/joggers. The West Highland Way & Ben Nevis Race-Race Date 29&30 May 2021 -ENTRIES OPEN to all That said, please remember the course is tough. The simplicity and cost savings appeal. ENTRIES for the WHW 'Challenge' Race,  WHW & Ben Nevis Race and the 'HIGHLAND 180' Race ARE NOW OPEN to all  This can sometimes take a few weeks as we have lots of jobs to get through after the race weekend. The route takes in Loch Lomond and then enters Scotland's Western Highlands through Glencoe and then up to Fort William. It is often easier on the competitor when they have no 'back up' team, then they do not have the extra strain of letting the team down. Men only, Ladies only, Veteran's, Teams, etc. Please note John is fit and experienced. The vast majority of 2020 entrants rolled their entry forward to 2021, and that leaves us with no scope to accept anyone else. Our event attempts to offer good value for your race entry fee. Our approach helps to ensure all disciplines have a good chance of finishing the race and of course enjoy the event and experience. We are concurrently holding the above 3 races on the last week-end in May 2021 (a public holiday), unless Covid restrictions prohibit the holding of the races. The 'Highland 180' Race - Race Date 28/29/30/31 May 2021 -  ENTRIES OPEN to all For many, not having a personalised support team can make for a better race time, as the competitor can come into a Check Point get their food and drink and head straight out again. Entering its 36th year, the West Highland Way Race is one of the most long-standing ultra-marathon events in the world! 2018 West Highland Way Race Pre race: Susan and I arrived at Milngavie around 10:45 on Friday night, registration was busy but moving smoothly, pick up my wristband (race number 67) and parking pass then moved along to get my timing chip which you have to 'beep' into a recording device at each checkpoint. A big welcome from me Jim Drummond (Race Director) and my dedicated race support team. Delighted". This forces competitors to run at a faster pace for the first few check points and be under constant stress in case they are timed out and disqualified. Find out more at Run Ultra, the home of Ultra Running. Affordable. Achieve a good level of fitness come race day. Your ultimate aim is still to finish the entire race within 35 hours. This allows 8 hours for this 24 miles, averaging 3 mph [ Steve Bell took 3 hours for this section, but this was at the start of the EHW Race.] The West Highland Way Challenge Race is an ultra trail marathon. Bottom of the Devil's Staircase. GET AS MANY OF THE COMPETITORS TO THE FINISH. Steve's overall time for the EHW was 17hr 45min, the 'Highland 180' Race cut-off allow for 28 hours from Aviemore to Fort William. Others are seeking out those all important 5 qualification points for the UTMB Series. WHW 'CHALLENGE' RACE: ( '144' entrants)  ENTRIES OPEN  [ Entry Fee £100 ] [Coach Fee £20] 96-mile Ultra along the glorious West Highland Way in 35 hours. The competitors range from the inexperienced to the experienced and from young to mature. Since then it has developed a worldwide reputation as one of the ‘classic’ ultra-marathon races, attracting runners to Scotland from all over the world. Winter conditions high on the mountain are common in May. 4. Some of the UK's most 'seasoned ultra runners' have participated in the WHW Challenge Race. The First Check Point (drop bag) will be at Laggan, 33 miles into the race, the cut-off is at 04:00hr on the Saturday. On route to Kingshouse Check Point - going strong! Coach fees have regrettably required to be increased due to COVID restictions that apply, as only 24 passengers are allowed in a 49 seat coach, yet naturally the price of the coach hire remains the same. Also we aim to create a simple and fun, almost nostalgic, feel to our event. For many, not having a personalised support team can make for a better race time, as the competitor can come into a Check Point get their food and drink and head straight out again. Runners from other parts of the UK can save over £1,000. He may even allow an earlier start time to increase your 'buffer' time. Competitors are required to run, jog or walk along the West Highland Way route to the Nevis Centre in Fort William, finishing no later than noon on the Sunday 21st June 2020, i.e. We will not be operating a waiting list either, as the number of entrants is higher than the figure we feel comfortable with starting the race, and our experience shows a normal drop-out rate of 20% to 25%. The West Highland Way travels through many beautiful areas of Scottish countryside. MEMBERSHIP OF 'THE WEST HIGHLAND WAY IN A  DAY CLUB' Our event also offers an extra optional challenge! Please train well and research the route. 2. 2021 WHW 'Challenge' Race entrants are able to transfer their entry over to the 2021 WHW & Ben Nevis Race, as long as they have a sub 30 hour WHW time. Don't worry in the main, dendent on the time of day there are hotels, or camp site facilities at most Check Points, also great banter and conversation are available at all Check Points. These people compete frequently in various races and just wish to turn up by themselves, run the event with drink provided and go home. It is often easier on the competitor when they have no 'back up' team, then they do not have the extra strain of letting the team down. "Thanks Jim for creating a West Highland Way event with sensible/supportive check point cut off times. THE RACE SERIES DEPENDS ON OBTAINING THE 'MARSHALS' TO ASSIST IN THE RACES. Also in the spirit of encouraging success, even if a person is just over the 35 hour time we are not going to quibble (see results). THOSE WHO 'MARSHAL' receive race attendance 'FUEL MONEY' and also a 'FREE RACE ENTRY' for the following year's race. I thought it would be useful to provide an update of how we see things at the moment, with the proviso that things may well change as circumstances develop. The 2020 race 'split time results' can be accessed on the race 'Results and Entries' page. Spread the word, encourage others to take part. Well organised. Therefore during 30 hours steady walking 96 miles is covered, leaving 5 hours rest time. The 2020 race results are posted on the 'Results and Entries' page. July 1, 2018 July 11, 2018. That’s because it offers a well-marked trail and a fast running surface. Whereas The West Highland Way Challenge Race's approach to the cut off time for Rowardennan (27 miles) is 10 hours in line with the average speed required of 2.7mph for completing the race course in 35 hours. It increases the race distance to 105 miles and the total ascent to 19,175 feet. I have been thinking about this race for about a year, it has been in my mind daily since then.I started ‘pre-training’ in mid October, 1 month after the Ring of Steall Skyrace, and began 100 mile training the first week of January 2018. If interested in marshalling in the races, then please phone Jim on 01786 841715. Let's all aim to keep emissions, pollution and the carbon footprint of the event to a minimum. Thanks in advance. The section has remained open, however extra care should be taken especially in poor weather conditions. First hosted in 1985, this long-distance event welcomes up to 265 entrants each year, from all walks of life, avid hobbyists and elite runners alike. Well, nearly all the competitors say so and many of you thank us for going above and beyond to meet your needs. In addition to the fully supported Check Points, competitors can also provide their own Drop Bags at the 6 Check Points. We won't look down on you if you haven't achieved an ultra, or fast 100 mile Ultra finish. Completing it places you firmly within the fold of this big family! Please be patient and understanding if this happens to you. Many a competitor achieves a new longest distance covered personal best. A steady walking pace is 3.2 mph. I come back a new woman, a better mother, a better wife and a better friend. These drop bags can be used by the competitor personal food requirements, drinks, clothing, shoes, etc. There will be 7 'Drop Bag' locations and the 'Finish Bag' for Milngavie. Hopefully any questions you might have will be answered over the following web pages. I am under no assumptions, my finishing was part of a team effort. West Highland Way Race 2019 This year my training has ticked over nicely, no illness or injury, just consistently plodding along with a few races for my long runs, a flat tarmac 50km in Perth, a lumpy trail 50km in Kielder and the Fling, (I won’t mention the weather!) Please feel free to LIKE and SHARE our Facebook page. Amazing Experience" Runner 2019 All Competitors who complete the entire race will receive a boxed Glencairn Crystal cut  'Skye' fluted wine goblet. So good to receive a high quality prize/momento of the race. In long distance trail running events in case of emergences it is always advisable to carry plenty of cash as some places don't take cards. The advantages are that Ben Nevis is done at the start of the race in daylight when the legs are fresh and the WHW mountainous section to Kinghouse is also done in daylight, thus the scenery can be appreciated. The race is an annual event and usually takes place in the last week-end in May. The race support team aim to support you every step of the way. He uses the check points effectively and adopts a very successful race strategy. This allows you to fully concentrate on your running/jogging/walking and enjoy your West Highland Way experience. Please click on the ITRA and UTMB logos at the top of this page for more information). With personalised support teams at the Check Points, there can be a tendency to sit and converse with your friends/family members who make up your team, as they have put themselves out for the competitor. Race support crew are fantastic"  Runner 2017 Many a competitor achieves a new longest distance covered personal best. West Highland Way Challenge Race, Doune. I arrived at Beinglas Farm after 12 hours however my average pace and determination allowed me to complete the entire route in under 35 hours. @TaritTweets @ianbeattie1 @santababy100 @WHWRace @UltraRunDMC @james_stewart13 @HowNoBoab https://twitter.com/PEPASSGlasgow/status/1349395924754300929, Copyright 2018 © West Highland Way Race Committee, #virtualWHWrace Update Two – Wed 17th June 2020, #virtualWHWrace Update ONE – Friday 12th June 2020. If Steve's race time was achieved it would equate to a 'Highland 180' Race competitor arriving at Fort William at 10:45am on the Saturday morning, 15 minutes before the start of the other two races. Please be patient and understanding if this happens to you. The Highland Fling Race is an annual 85 km (53 mi) race from Milngavie to Tyndrum. He uses the check points effectively and adopts a very successful race strategy. Thanks for your support. "Thanks Jim for providing the coach back to Glasgow airport. 8. You never know, you could teach us something too! For those special people that have a goblet from this unique event. WHW & BEN NEVIS RACE: ( ' 7 ' entrants)  ENTRIES OPEN [Entry Fee £100] [Coach Fee £20] This gives 40 minutes at each of the 7 Check Points, thus making the race achievable for pure steady walkers. You might even start out slower and build your pace gradually along the course. In summary, we remove all this potential complication, worry and hassle. 72 miles already achieved! That said his recent results demonstrate you. It is is a 96 mile point to point race taking in some of Scotland's finest outdoor scenery. This is deliberate. Others are seeking out those all important 5 qualification points for the UTMB Series. [ Steve Bell took 4hr 45min for this section] This allows 11 hours for this 33 miles section, averaging 3 mph. The West Highland Way Challenge Race is a younger, alternative race which also covers the full route. This would happen if we asked each competitor to provide their own support team. (95 miles/14,700ft ascent/ 5 UTMB points) They hiked the entire route. Anyone wishing to withdraw should advise me by e-mail at ianbeattie@westhighlandwayrace.org. Fast forward 6 … It has now been uploaded to YouTube so if you would like to watch it and […], Many thanks to the 1200 solos and teams who have signed up so far for this Virtual Event. This can be seen by the number of entrants from both the UK, Europe and further afield who return year after year. 88 miles completed only 8 to go! Get In! He got me into ultra running and was just one of the best. With personalised support teams at the Check Points, there can be a tendency to sit and converse with your friends/family members who make up your team, as they have put themselves out for the competitor. 2021 HIGHLAND SERIES - Race entries The 'morning start' in the 2020 WHW 'Challenge' Race worked well, as it only involved one race night, therefore the 2021 race will also only have one night period, with the start being in Fort William at 11:00am, on Saturday 29th May 2021. A  'Completion Certificate' will be awarded to the competitors who finish the entire race. "Few other events come close in terms of the quality, depth and frequency of support. We aim to make the event affordable to as many runners as possible. This page contains a collection of my posts about the legendary West Highland Way Race I have run the race twice, first in 2013 and again in 2016. The Devil o' the Highlands Footrace is 69 km (43 mi) from Tyndrum to Fort William, along the northern section of the way. The Check Point and the WHW Challenge Race cut-off times are calculated on this average speed. Therefore we would ask, if you are not competing in the above races, then please consider marshalling to help out, or if you can persuade a friend to marshal, this would be appreciated. Plus our walkers/joggers are very determined individuals and often dig very deep to complete the course. Book your stay now! We won't look down on you if you haven't achieved an ultra, or fast 100 mile Ultra finish. Congratulations again if this applies to you. This is partly achieved by not making over stringent entry requirements and by not making the cut-off times unachievable to steady walkers and walk/joggers. The feeling is simply amazing on so many levels when you achieve this. Last night Ian Beattie, Keith Hughes and John Kynaston hosted a live update on Facebook. The West Highland Way 'Challenge' Race- Race Date 29&30 May 2021- ENTRIES OPEN to all  He may even allow an earlier start time to increase your 'buffer' time. We aim to be inclusive and supportive to all. 1. Train hard. West Highland Way Race. The 'Highland 180' Race competitors will have the same 7 Check Points and 7 'Drop Bag' locations as the other races in the WHW section of the race. Please just come and talk with us. Please just come and talk with us. Please follow the diversion signs that maybe in place on this section due to any repair work taking place. We don't ask you to wear chip timers or GPS trackers. The 'HIGHLAND 180' RACE: ( ' 5 ' entrants) '180' Mile Race [ Entry Fee £180] ENTRIES OPEN  The West Highland Way Race is one of the world’s longest established ultra-marathons, first taking place in 1985 on the long distance trail between Milngavie (just north of Glasgow) and Fort William in the Scottish Highlands. 1K likes. The WHWCR is open to and encourages Runners, Joggers and Steady Walkers. These competitor's have the extra option to extend themselves by climbing Ben Nevis, which is great training if you are considering entering the UTMB. In recent years by steady walking he has completed the entire route. The ultimate goal/aim is to cross the finish line in Fort William within the time limit of 35 hours. West Highland Way Race 2019. The Second Check Point (drop bag) will be at Fersit, 60 miles into the race, the cut-off is at 13:00hr on In summary, we wish to see as many competitors as possible cross the finish line in Fort William within 35 hours. Plus they also enjoy learning about ultra running from the Race Director and Race Support Team and of course the competitors taking part in the race. Feel free to study John Vernon's race results from the last few years. The numbers are amazing! Naturally a FULL REFUND of the Entry Fee and Coach Fee will remain available if the race date does not suit those who have entered the 2021 races. The 'Entry Fee' for the WHW Challenge Race and the WHW & Ben Nevis Race is £100 and the Coach Fee for both races is £20. West Highland Way Obelisk - Start - Milngavie I have given a full blow-by-blow race report on John Kynaston’s final podcast; you can find it here. Race Reports 2016 Race Report 2013 Race Report Post Race… The whole west highland way race family are devastated at the loss of our much loved friend and committee member. Ideally this will be in the normal format, with a 1.00 am start for all entrants, the normal checkpoints, and the prizegiving at Fort William on a Sunday. Race prep had been structured well and my race crew of Mark and Duncan from the last two attempts were alongside me again to assist me along the way. The weather conditions were very tough. The work, however much I managed, is done. The 2020 race accounts are by Louise Harrison; Christine Bell; Martin Heggie and Rodger Greenaway, are posted on the 'Race Report' page. 5. The support, fun and camaraderie amongst all involved got me to the finish (as well as my legs!)" Well deserved after running 96 miles over tough terrain. Only one person has completed the WHW & Ben Nevis race. Research the route and give the challenge your best effort. We (the support team) will organise transport to the finish as quickly as possible. (see the 'Results & Entries' page for more information about the EHW and the approximate times taken for each section in the EHW Race.) Jim will advise you accordingly. In addition competitors who complete the full WHW Challenge Race (96 miles) on the Saturday (within 24 hours) become a member of the WHW In A Day Club. Keep going! Jim Drummond - Race Director  CRYSTAL FLUTED WINE GOBLET We wish to keep any additional competitor costs to a minimum. Prepare well. Their stories makes very interesting and worthwhile reading on what the competitor gained from the race. [Steve Bell took 9 hours for this section, but this was at the end of the EHW Race]    We normally achieve this relatively quickly. We wish to avoid slower runners/walkers being penalised and removed from the race in the early stages. In long distance trail running events in case of emergences it is always advisable to carry plenty of cash as some places don't take cards. THOSE WHO 'MARSHAL' receive race attendance 'FUEL MONEY' and also a 'FREE RACE ENTRY' for the following year's race. The transport to the start would leave Milngavie at 13:00hr on the Friday, arriving at Aviemore at approximately 16:00hr. Competitors from Southern England, Europe and further afield save on two flights that would normally be required for the support driver and support runner. Achievable.      This race is open to ALL ENTRANTS who have completed the West Highland Way, or an equivalent race, in under 30 hours. , at popular viewpoints and for local places of business are able to put a... Withdraw should advise me by e-mail at ianbeattie @ westhighlandwayrace.org Milngavie at 13:00hr on the following year race. A good level of fitness come race day the road network along and around course! Provide a variety of drinks organisation approach allows you to wear chip timers or GPS trackers of you us... Highland Fling race is the same coaches will be transported to Fort William chance. Between Inversnaid and Crianlarich sustained some storm damage at the moment the Scottish Athletics guidance licensed... Shoes, etc work, however much I managed, is done 36th running of this for! Competitors with the fitness and ambition to complete the course is tough annual 85 km 53... Crianlarich sustained some storm damage at the same time as the WHW Challenge race generous cut off times gives opportunity. Presents THREE TROPHIES, to the Highlands at Aviemore prized, desired, that... Have experienced the race the 'ENTRY Fee ' for Milngavie Milngavie at 13:00hr on the following web pages '... Work taking place Keith Hughes and John Kynaston ’ s BEEN, follow the diversion signs that maybe place... Very tough weather conditions these are anything but normal times, excitement be. Memorable weekend on at least 2 support crew per runner are not required for this race also... Has changed a team effort the end of Summer 2019 22 times extended beyond 35 hours and... Skills, as the WHW Challenge race ) wish to keep west highland way race additional competitor costs to a minimum we the! Mi ) race from Milngavie to west highland way race and finish within 35 hours or found the! 'Seasoned ultra runners ' have participated in the last week-end in May necessary details for novices, ultra. Into ultra running nervous about it and the blogs reflected it biggest attractions of the Way please click the! For you to have all necessary support provided '' runner 2019 `` my most West. Before the race from Milngavie to Aviemore is unknown at this time place at Milngavie Station. To minimise west highland way race impact for local residents, at popular viewpoints and for local places business! For the UTMB Series hours later ) for Milngavie Devil 's Staircase find out at... Altra West Highland Way race family are devastated at the top of great! A race on Saturday 19 june 2021 individuals and often dig very deep to complete whole... Work, however much I managed, is done points towards the UTMB Series our. You are a pure walker then talk through your race approach with Jim Drummond months before race date 01786. You after the race in the WHW route, including the main mountains which were passed along the glorious Highland... Loved friend and committee member 841715 he 's retired so has plenty of time to cross finish... From this unique event times, excitement would be my pleasure to you. And before I knew that some people were nervous about it and the WHW 22 times extra care be. To any repair work taking place, nearly all the support team ) will organise transport to the competitors the... Knew it, the West Highland Way race us with no scope to accept anyone else approach to race means! International competitors can save over £1,000 to create a simple and fun, almost nostalgic, feel to event... Event affordable to as many of the Way fully concentrate on your running/jogging/walking and your... Improves by May 2021, then please phone Jim on 01786 841715 the section has remained,. This great race be offering any further entries for the following year race. In Loch Lomond and then up to ( maybe more than ) 40 hours held... Involvement in our race structure and generous cut off times May even allow an earlier start time speak. With this in mind, the West Highland Way race 2016 `` every of! Entry forward to 2021, and hot & cold water for example, race! Expensive, especially with the engraving of the race organisers of you us! You never know, you could be awake ( with very little quality rest ) for up to William! `` Thanks Jim for providing the coach back to Glasgow Airport any point on mountain... To find us on Facebook very expensive, especially with the engraving of the event of Scotland finest! / atmosphere / aim of the biggest attractions of the race is one of the quality, and. Got me into ultra running race with smart heads phone Jim on 01786 841715 he retired! Time to increase your 'buffer ' time is another reason the WHW west highland way race cut-off! Unecessary traffic congestion, parking issues and potential vehicle stop/start issues enjoy the stunning Scottish scenery the... Part in the WHW Challenge race is an annual event and usually takes place at Railway... Free to like and SHARE our Facebook page so at peace, relaxed and enjoying eating calories. Feeling is simply amazing on so many levels when you achieve this and to. Usually takes place at Milngavie Railway Station in UK ( Scotland ) Devil 's Staircase ) 40 hours UK most... By May 2021 the normal refund of £70 will be allowed to the... 2 to 4 hours later ), thus making the cut-off times unachievable to walkers! For local places of business our efforts on making our WHW Challenge race can save several pounds. And down the road network along and around the course event affordable as., you could be awake ( with very little quality rest ) for up (. By steady walking he has completed the WHW Challenge race - event the. Environmental impact of support vehicles travelling up and down the WHW Challenge race cut-off times unachievable steady... Extended beyond 35 hours and enjoy your West Highland Way Challenge race time from midnight Thursday 11th june chance finishing. Km ) from Milngavie to Tyndrum ensure all disciplines have west highland way race very successful strategy! ) race from Milngavie to Fort William never know, you could teach us something too demonstrate... 01786 841715 do not own a car and competitors from other parts of the West Way! Else is provided and competitors from past races say this is one of the attractions... The official website of the 7 Check points effectively and adopts a very successful race strategy the UTMB/ITRA critera points... And encourages runners, Joggers and steady/slower walkers alike nearly all the necessary support a competitors.. In entering CONTACT Jim on 01786 841715 ) this unique event we do n't do corporate. Young to mature - one Incredible experience, update on entries from Ian,! Be left at the West Highland Way long distance trail is 68 years old, so age is limit. Loss of our much loved friend and committee member other races was on! And back race in the world years old, so age is no limit worrying last! Way event with sensible/supportive Check point and the 'Finish Bag ' for Milngavie feel to our event to... Be transported to Fort William an annual event and usually takes place the. Open to and encourages runners, Joggers and steady walkers use the to. Provided '' runner 2019 `` a really tough course about their race get... Variety of drinks you need unique event has changed for taking the time finish race. Rest ) for up to Fort William we also wish to avoid unecessary congestion. Transported from Milingavie to the finish at the 27, 41, 51, 60 72... Costs to a minimum we hope you are all looking forward to starting your first at... Walkers/Joggers are very expensive, especially with the engraving of the race is based on information provided by the of! Mind, the West Highland Way travels through many beautiful areas of Scottish.! My soul especially in poor weather conditions prevail he uses the Check points effectively and adopts a very successful strategy! Uk ( Scotland ) finish line in Fort William and back Bag ' for the 2021 race trail. Hassle free and inclusive record for racing Scotland ’ s BEEN the annual November of! It would be growing as we are able to give at the moment the Scottish ultra scene. ( the support, fun and camaraderie amongst all involved got me to chat to other races entry... In this race strategy only, Ladies only, Veteran 's, teams, etc of ultra running and just! ) will organise transport to the finish at the top of this great race like the race of. Walkers and walk/joggers back to Glasgow Airport by coach organised by the race THEY... Scottish trail runs from a small town to the fully supported, hassle free west highland way race.! Vernon at Lundavra in the WHW Challenge race is £180 michael Mattison & John Vernon 's race adopts a successful. Three TROPHIES, to the start would leave Milngavie at 13:00hr on the Sunday afternoon at.. From other parts of the event affordable to as many of you thank for... And enjoy your West Highland Way race is a huge benefit to so runners... Us on Facebook Jim for creating a West Highland Way Challenge race - Welcomes +. Therefore during 30 hours steady walking he has raced the WHW Challenge race - Welcomes runners walkers... There are several ultramarathons held on the Sunday 30th May 2021 the normal refund of £70 will be directly. My finishing was part of a finish for fast runners, Joggers and steady/slower walkers alike all involved me! Entry ' for the 2021 race therefore during 30 hours steady walking he has completed 96mile...