Update My Bag Not a Team Titleist Member? My first set was a hand me down set of Northwestern Thunderbirds. Just had my first lessons on the driving range... Now I understand what everybody means with forgiveness :). We decided that I was best suited for DG S300 shafts. While I've been a KBS guy for many sets, the DG S300s offered a lower spin rate which I needed to get proper distance and control out of these irons paired with my swing. Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! What a beautiful set of irons. My handicap was around 14 at the time (I had taken several years off due to injuries, raising children, career, etc.) While I wasn't striking the ball as purely as I would have liked, since I had just hopped off the plane, I was still hitting my consistent shots (and errors). boogielicious, Monday at 04:38 PM Progressive Weighting The long irons have a low center of gravity for easier ability to launch higher and carry farther, while the short irons have the CG positioned higher for a flatter, more workable trajectory that most players prefer. Titleist AP2 714 Forged Iron Set . The Titleist AP2 716 Irons are one of the most underrated iron sets in the better player Irons category. Pre-Owned. No learning curve or anything to worry about. Of course I'm in need of some game improvement clubs but I'm quite 'lucky(it's how you look at it)' to inherit a full set of brand new AP2 714. May 15, 2018 - Titleist 714 AP2 irons, released in 2013, are multi-material forged irons that offer distance with trajectory control and forgiveness with workability in a solid feeling, great looking tour-proven design. While I hit the AP2 712 irons really well, I hit the AP2 714 irons even better. Titleist clubs are price-competitive between retailers and small pro shops. Top Rated Seller Top Rated Seller +C $39.40 shipping. Spelar du redan med klubbor från Titleist? By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines. Shop with confidence on eBay! He was a bit squirrelly. The sole grind has more camber. Trade Online ($163.80) Trade Locally . The cavity-back designs are similar, with both featuring a black and silver tungsten nickel pla… You can optionally register them there as well! I ordered a set of Titleist AP2 714 irons with N.Sl Pro 950 Stiff shafts and was thinking about switching to something a little bit heavier (120g-130g) just to bring the ball flight lower. There are mixed opinions with using clubs of this caliber to start with. I have narrowed it down to either the titleist ap2 or cb irons. 718 AP2. The Titleist 716 AP2 Irons are defined as a tour proven players iron set. I'm definitely not good, but when I was learning to play as a kid we didn't even have these super game improvements clubs. You got a nice set of clubs there, use them. Sign Up! Joske. I would definitely use them if I were you. The Titleist 716 AP2Irons are a modest update of an established player’s iron with familiar feel and performance and a new look. Time left 5d 16h left. in Golf Talk, By or Best Offer. I think they still offer plenty of help for a high handicapper. Mid: $163.80. Another slight change is an even better feel. If anything, you just won't appreciate what a truly awesome club you're starting out with. It was the best fitting I've ever had. They are just pure forged feel, yet forgiving enough to make up for a slightly off swing or a bad lie. After some deliberation, I decided to go ahead and get fit. New equipment from any vendor is a serious purchase, so take the time to learn how to get the most benefit from a … I have the classic png eye2's from 1990 and am looking for an upgrade. I really attribute that to my iron play; more looks at birdies really keep the scores low. I ended up with my set 1* upright and 1* strong. Some will say not to because of the lack of forgiveness or in other words, lack of performance with poor contact which would lead to less enjoyment initially of the game. Get the best deals on Titleist Ap2 714 Irons when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. I have Titleist 714 AP2 Forged Irons PLEASE NOTE COLLECTION ONLY, FROM area Lasswade . High quality, high technology design and construction featuring a forged steel body, tungsten nickel box and Tuned Feel System enhances performance and feel. Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 Double Black Diamond Driver, Callaway Steelhead XR 3-wood (and 5-wood), Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro Limited Edition 3-wood, Taylormade Tour Preferred UDI Driving Iron, Cleveland 588 Irons: Altitude, MT, and TT, Bridgestone J40 Dual-Pocket Cavityback Irons, Wilson Staff Infinite Michigan Ave. Putter, Fujikura Speeder, Pro, and Speeder Pro Shafts, Cut Golf Balls - Blue, Grey and Dual Core, Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track Golf Ball, Callaway 2018 Chrome Soft and X Golf Balls, Srixon '17 Z-STAR and Q-STAR TOUR Golf Balls, Nike RZN Golf Balls--Black, Platinum, Red and White, Voice Caddie Swing Caddie 2 Launch Monitor, Puma Apparel - Game That Travels - Island Time, TecTecTec VPRO DLX 1K Laser Rangefinder, Bushnell Tour V4 Laser Rangefinder w/Slope, Leupold GX-1,GX-2, GX-3, GX-4 Range Finders, GAME Golf vs. ARCCOS Golf Tracking Systems, ProActive F4 Turbo Collapsible Resistance Trainer, Under Armour Golf and Recovery Sunglasses, Apparel Accessories-Belts, Socks, Sunglasses, etc, Rose & Fire Headcovers - Custom iGolfReviews Leather, American Putter Company Custom Headcovers, Rose & Fire Headcovers - Waxed Canvass and Recycled Rubber, Rose & Fire Valuables Bag and Ball Marker, Best Grips Dinner Jacket PutterShoe and Major Leaguer Leather Grip, The Wedge by Cleveland Golf and Q & A with John Rae, Tom Watson's Lessons of a Lifetime DVD Series, #BBBatTPC - Bloggers, Brunch and Birdies at TPC San Antonio, The Classic Golf Course at Maddens Resort, TPC San Antonio Oaks and Canyon Golf Course, Lanai Golf Manele at FourSeasons Resort Manele Bay, Vidanta Puerto Peñasco Golf Resort, Mexico. Buy the Titleist 714 AP2 irons from 2nd Swing and get a great deal by trading in your current clubs! The AP2 line has gone from a slightly hollow feeling iron to a really solid sensation at impact. TITLEIST AP2 714 IRONS / 3-9 / STIFF FLEX KBS TOUR STEEL SHAFTS / … I found I had less miss-hits in terms of results. What will be the biggest problem when using the AP2's as beginner? I saw one drive by yesterday. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. C $242.06.   Your previous content has been restored. Hi all, I've never played golf in my life and I will take my first lessons soon. The choice of those who know. The AP1 and AP2 irons with their larger heads and more decorated cavity backs were a break from that tradition. Additionally, it looks like one of the finest crafted clubs you are going to come across. High: $189.00. AP2. Advanced Performance. The 714 AP1 is an upgrade in nearly every conceivable way (forgiveness, ball speed, spin) over its predecessor, the 712 AP1. While the AP2 irons are bulky by Titleist's standards, the AP1 heads are noticeably larger and the top edge is also broader. It's like taking driver's ed in an Audi: over the top, but won't make a difference. in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting, By ... Gå med i Team Titleist för unika tävlingar, exklusiva erbjudanden och de allra senaste nyheterna. Although the design has not changed dramatically the designers at Titleist still find ways to improve upon these very popular irons. (I hit the 714 CBs too during my fitting, actually slightly better on the range, from just a pure numbers standpoint, but I think over time the lack of forgiveness could hurt my scoring). Mickelson played with a 47.5” driver yesterday. The low 500s Maltby Playability Factor of the AP2 is a little less than Callaways X2 Hot iron and about even with its X2 Hot Pro model. Used, Titleist 714 AP2 Forged Irons 4-Pw with Dyna . I got the ball closer to my target with these irons. I was fit for these on a Trackman at the TPI Oceanside facilities and have hit them on my, http://www.titleist.com/golf-clubs/irons/AP2.aspx. The Titleist 714 AP2became an instant gamer for me and is one of the best performing irons I have hit. Or maybe you should just trade someone for their AP1's which would be easier to hit. To answer the original poster: you'll be fine. Display as a link instead, × Thank you all for the great replies! 205 product ratings - Titleist 714 AP2 Golf Club Iron Set, 4-PW, Stiff Project X 6.0 Flighted. As the gentleman said ....consider yourself spoiled. From United States +C $59.52 shipping estimate. Before you dropped money into clubs, you should find out if you even like golf. Clear editor. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. By One thing you can’t argue with the Titleist is the compactness and solidity of their Irons.. Titleist AP2 716 Irons: The 714s have just a couple minor tweaks that have made them even better. Just about every cavity back iron made in the past ten years is easy to use, even the one marketed to the lower handicapper. There are a couple minor changes to the AP2 714 irons that make the biggest difference. Pre-Owned. Is it just a matter of a steeper learning curve? Understandingly, it’s the iron played by Jordan Spieth and many other Tour professionals. I too was faced with a similar decision in late October when I decided to purchase the AP2 714 Irons. The aim of Titleist when they created the 714 AP1 was to increase the ball flight, the forgiveness and the feel from the iron and we think they have acheived this well. mvmac, 9 hours ago in Tour Talk, By iacas, October 20, 2019 These irons are played by some of the best in the world a testament to their greatness.