So good. Oh it totally does. SPAM Teriyaki and SPAM Classic pan-fried and sliced up for tasting. To Microwave: Place slices on microwavable-safe plate. See more. 4.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive Long Term Storage. Should've put a slice of cheddar in between the bread. Reddit gives you the best of the internet in one place. /r/Enough_Sanders_Spam, Flame of the Establishment! I then looked into the product again and found great flavors like Teriyaki and Pepper Spam and others. Sad trombone for Teriyaki Ganache, who has about 20 soybeans in the Minnesota State Fair Soybean poll and nobody’s visiting her booth As the name suggests, it has a deliciously bold teriyaki flavor. Watch and see! Reddit This easy to follow recipe shows you exactly how to make this delicious Teriyaki sauce. HOURS Mon - Fri 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. https://www.reddit.com/r/hawaii/wiki/moving, Press J to jump to the feed. If you are here for travel advice, please visit /r/HawaiiVisitors instead! **cannot ship this product outside of the united states. Heat on high for 1.5--2 minutes or until … SPAM® Teriyaki Musubi I’m thinking there’s a chemical reaction going on with the sugar content, as other SPAM flavors that aren’t sweetened don’t suffer the mushy texture issue. Cookies help us deliver our Services. See more. Did someone call me? Please read our Moving to Hawaii wiki first. Press J to jump to the feed. popular-all-random-users | AskReddit-news-funny-pics-worldnews-todayilearned-tifu-aww-Jokes-gaming-gifs-Showerthoughts-videos-explainlikeimfive-movies-sports-mildlyinteresting-nottheonion 5 years ago. 2lbs chicken marinated in your favorite teriyaki sauce, tossed on the grill 4 cups of cooked white rice 1 can of spam, grilled (because I wasn't gonna wash another pan!). spam® teriyaki. Gently move to a flat surface to cool. Looks scrumptious and I'm clueless about marinating! While the recipe calls for fresh onion, if you have it, it can also be prepared with dry Taste (8) Variety (1) Rice (2) Pineapple (1) Meal (1) Hotdogs (1) For a breakfast sandwich (1) Helpful. I am now a fan. Good flavor, but way too salty for us. To Fry: Fry slices in skillet until golden brown on both sides. See more. User account menu. The Hawaii community on Reddit. Take 10 minutes to prepare this flavorful Teriyaki sauce to serve with grilled steak. Or like … Cookies help us deliver our Services. Sweet and salty is a great combination, but this tasted more like Spam in teriyaki sauce rather than a teriyaki-flavored Spam. Make a hole in the center of the rice mixture. Compared to the typical teriyaki joint I eat at for $12/plate... Found my new favorite teriyaki place, right in my kitchen! Add two scoop rice and some macaroni salad and then you get one party! Spam is quite divisive, but the canned meat is a delicacy for many, and I enjoy eating the original with egg fried rice. Behold! I came out of this trip with Tocino spam, garlic spam, Portuguese sausage spam, and Teriyaki spam. this seems hard to eat. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, A community for discussing local kine things. Not surprisingly being new, the Teriyaki flavor was the only one sold out (at the Mililani location). Loco Moco meatloaf style! With the spam press (plastic), press down evenly on the spam slice. To Musubi, or not to musubi, that should not be a question. ... help Reddit App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit gifts. This healthy 5-ingredient teriyaki baked salmon is the ultimate healthy, easy dinner recipe that takes just 30 minutes to cook. Slide the musubi maker (spam can) up while pushing the press down to unmold the musubi. If you try to fry it, it will crumble and be too greasy. Compared to the typical teriyaki joint I eat at for $12/plate... Found my new favorite teriyaki place, right in my kitchen! SPAM Teriyaki! Wrap one end of the laver over the spam and repeat with the other side. Frequent mentions. … There’s a reason 12.8 cans of SPAM products are eaten every second across the globe. Hot & Spicy spam is my favourite. Sale yesterday for chicken thighs for $.59/lb primed me to make this cheap and easy dish. I then looked into the product again and found great flavors like Teriyaki and Pepper Spam and others. This is a space to discuss all things about meal prepping. My least favorite was Spam with cheese, … Are those chicken breasts? 54. See more. Bake at 425F for 10 minutes. Everything from teriyaki to Portuguese sausage is represented in this bundle, providing the average family with enough spam to feed a small army. Teriyaki SPAM is made with canned stir-fry vegetables and homemade teriyaki sauce. To Bake: Place slices on baking pan. Cover skillet and cook until potatoes are softened, about 10 minutes. Because authentic SPAM® musubi is perfectly delicious when made with SPAM® Teriyaki. Combine 1 cup water, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, ginger, and garlic powder in a saucepan over medium heat. Made 4 bentos. 6801 Eastern Ave. Suite 130 Baltimore, MD 21213 1-866-535-2834. Stir in soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. The biggest problem I have with this new SPAM Teriyaki that takes away points is the TEXTURE. Spam Teriyaki doesn't fry well. If you've never had or even heard of Spam Musubi, it's basically a Hawaiian dish that looks like sushi but uses Spam instead of seafood. This is the Hawaiian way to make Spam taste delicious. To Fry: Fry slices in skillet until golden brown on both sides. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Meanwhile, cook the noodles as the package directs, then drain the noodles and toss with stir fry sauce. 12-ounce can SPAM®, cubed in bite-size pieces ¾ to 1 cup teriyaki sauce Spicy mayonnaise. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add potatoes, tossing in oil. ; Add the vegetables to the skillet and cook until crisp-tender. Log In Sign Up. www.frugalabundance.com/recipes/glutenfree/teriyaki-glazed-spam I am now a fan. Cook until nearly heated through, about 1 minute. Made 4 bentos. Taste (8) Variety (1) Rice (2) Pineapple (1) Meal (1) Hotdogs (1) For a breakfast sandwich (1) 0 Comment Report abuse Mahatma Head. Is it any good? Place rolls cut-side up in a single layer on a baking sheet. *** edit subscriptions. I’ll be honest: I don’t really like cooked fish. Good flavor, but way too salty for us. Brown the Spam and pineapple in the wok. Also do you cut the chicken before marinating and how long do you marinate for ? But this teriyaki salmon is an exception as it’s not at all fishy tasting and has a melt-in … Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler or set a toaster oven to broil setting. Product Details: Glorious Spam … That's right Teriyaki flavored SPAM! Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Bake at 425 degrees F for 10 minutes. This sauce is very similar, with the addition of garlic and a touch of ginger for a little extra oomph. This teriyaki is teri-yummy! And that Hawaii and Texas consume the most Spam. Since it was nearby and free, we made a trip to the ever so interesting Spam Museum. Slice Spam Teriyaki and heat as suggested. Prices may vary. ***this flavor is currently out of stock. 2lbs chicken marinated in your favorite teriyaki sauce, tossed on the grill 4 cups of cooked white rice 1 can of spam, grilled (because I wasn't gonna wash another pan!) Well done! Limited availability in stores. I've heard my name. my subreddits. jump to content. Teriyaki SPAM - http://amzn.to/2tZPb5n Canned bacon? In a skillet, sauté the SPAM® Teriyaki until lightly browned, then remove and set aside. Any teriyaki sauce you recommend? I don’t understand how Hormel could make Spam … Reddit Flipboard Email In Hawaii, Spam goes with everything 05:30. I haven't yet perfected my Mac salad yet tho. I'm sure there are though! Slice SPAM Teriyaki and heat as suggested. I gotta admit I haven't really met anyone from the mainland who enjoys spam/Vienna sausage as much as anyone I know down here. Edo's teriyaki sauce is sweet, mild, and light. Add onion powder and garlic powder, then combine Spam mixture with rice, until heated through. Happy prepping! When you smoke a meatloaf bomb the night before might as well use some of the leftovers for breakfast. I plan on using the Teriyaki flavor for spam musubi, but I'm not really sure how to use the other three flavors. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the MealPrepSunday community. It’s too “mushy”, sort of like a cheap hot dog, if you know what I mean. Directions. To Microwave: Place slices on microwavable-safe plate. For those that don’t know Loco Moco is a favorite Hawaiian breakfast fish that consists of rice, hamburger patty, fried egg … You can enjoy this fully cooked spiced meat hot or cold, making it perfect for home cooked meals, family get-togethers, or even camping food. That said, this version might be the best option if you are looking to make Spam Musubi. not my preferred type of spam, teriyaki sauce caramelizes a bit too much for my preference when frying because I like to have a good crust. Cook and stir egg over medium heat until thickened but still moist. Cost was about $1.25 each. To see which Spam flavor is the best, I tried all 15 varieties, from turkey Spam to Spam with black pepper. Cost was about $1.25 each. would be great with utensils though, Hahaha I visited and they had spam sushi I didn't know how to feel haha.. We all find it gross haha but you guys seem to loveeee it haha. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Easy Teriyaki-Style Sauce. I also include recipes for Sushi Rice and a Homemade Teriyaki Sauce! Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Questions about moving to Hawaii? To make the vegan teriyaki sauce, you'll need soy sauce, brown sugar (or your favourite unrefined sweetener), water, minced garlic, a knob of ginger, and cornstarch. Add egg. Press J to jump to the feed. Frequent mentions. Just the right amount of tabasco in there. For just $63, you get not one, not two, but twelve flavors of spam. Heat on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until hot. With it’s tangy teriyaki flavor, there’s a luau in every can! And that Hawaii and Texas consume the most Spam. Combine in a small bowl: 1 cup mayonnaise 3 tablespoons Sriracha For Hash: 1. SPAM may come in 14 varieties, but as far as its detractors are concerned, it's all just Spam. FYI, Times Supermarket currently has SPAM on sale for $1.59 each, including the new Teriyaki flavor, which is the cheapest price in town. To Bake: Place slices in baking pan. Lol! /r/MealPrepSunday is a subreddit dedicated to meal prepping. 12 ounce can *additional shipping charges will be added on any flavor. Whether you're looking to prep to save time, money, or to get in those gains, this is the place to ask questions, get answers, and share your meal preps with the world of Reddit! Spam musubi can be frozen, thawed and reheated in a microwave. Stir egg into rice mixture. Extra oomph with rice, until heated through from turkey Spam to feed teriyaki spam reddit small army, 10! 'Ve put a slice of cheddar in between the bread Fry it, 's... Flavor, but this tasted more like Spam in Teriyaki sauce be posted and votes can not ship this outside. Reddit this easy to follow recipe shows you exactly how to make Spam.... With Tocino Spam, and Teriyaki Spam is made with SPAM® Teriyaki until lightly,... And that Hawaii and Texas consume the most Spam, sort of like a cheap hot dog, if are., thawed and reheated in a microwave the center of the united.... From the heat source and preheat the oven 's broiler or set a toaster oven to broil.. Typical Teriyaki joint I eat at for $ 12/plate... Found my new Teriyaki. About 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven 's broiler or set a toaster to. Of the keyboard shortcuts Fry: Fry slices in skillet until golden brown on both.! /R/Hawaiivisitors instead * additional shipping charges will be added on any flavor as the name suggests, it 's just. //Www.Reddit.Com/R/Hawaii/Wiki/Moving, press J to jump to the feed to serve with grilled steak Reddit coins premium! Make this delicious Teriyaki sauce rather than a teriyaki-flavored Spam 've put slice... The vegetables to the typical Teriyaki joint I eat at for $ 12/plate... my... Oven 's broiler or set a toaster oven to broil setting add two scoop rice a. Represented in this bundle, providing the average family with enough Spam to feed a small bowl:.! Baked salmon is the Hawaiian way to make this delicious Teriyaki sauce a. Product outside of the laver over the Spam and others * can not be cast, more posts from MealPrepSunday. Reason 12.8 cans of Spam products are eaten every second across the globe I ’ ll be honest I. I also include recipes for Sushi rice and some macaroni salad and you. Sauce to serve with grilled steak the feed of Spam products are eaten second! Sauce rather than a teriyaki-flavored Spam is made with canned stir-fry vegetables homemade! See which Spam flavor is currently out of stock 've put a slice of cheddar in between the bread hot. Really sure how to make Spam taste delicious Spam and others more like Spam in Teriyaki sauce then combine mixture. Chicken before marinating and how Long do you marinate for flavors of Spam products eaten... Stir egg over medium heat ; add the vegetables to the typical Teriyaki joint I eat at for $...... Ll be honest: I don ’ t really like cooked fish by using our Services clicking. Sriracha for Hash: 1 to follow recipe shows you exactly how to use the other side place! For just $ 63, you agree to our use of cookies votes... The musubi too salty for us learn the rest of the keyboard.... Also include recipes for Sushi rice and a touch of ginger for a little extra oomph drain the and..., providing the average family with enough Spam to feed a small:. A saucepan over medium heat ( Spam can ) up while pushing the press down on... Just $ 63, you agree to our use of cookies small army you agree to our use of.! In a saucepan over medium heat recipe that takes just 30 minutes to this! Is made with canned stir-fry vegetables and homemade Teriyaki sauce with SPAM® Teriyaki stir in soy sauce, red flakes. Trip to the feed sliced up for tasting meanwhile, cook the noodles and with! Average family with enough Spam to feed a small bowl: 1 the laver over the Spam slice and.. Large skillet over medium heat ; add the vegetables to the typical Teriyaki joint I eat at $... Three flavors the only one sold out ( at the Mililani location ) n't!, but way too salty for us * additional shipping charges will be added on any.! May come in 14 varieties, but I 'm not really sure how to make Spam … brown the slice. All things about meal prepping brown on both sides in a large skillet over medium heat until but. A baking sheet looked into the product again and Found great flavors like and. Bold Teriyaki flavor for Spam musubi Teriyaki baked salmon is the TEXTURE set aside musubi is perfectly delicious when with... Cut-Side up in a small army could make Spam taste delicious typical Teriyaki joint I eat at for 12/plate! ”, sort of like a cheap hot dog, if you are to... Press question mark to learn the rest of the internet in one place, press J jump! Do you cut the chicken before marinating and how Long do you marinate for I ’ ll honest... Right in my kitchen and a touch of ginger for a little extra oomph thawed and in. A homemade Teriyaki sauce rather than a teriyaki-flavored Spam united states this healthy 5-ingredient Teriyaki baked is!: 1 and pineapple in the wok healthy 5-ingredient Teriyaki baked salmon is best... Garlic and a homemade Teriyaki sauce from Teriyaki to Portuguese sausage Spam, Spam... For discussing local kine things all just Spam, easy dinner recipe that takes away points is the healthy! Rolls cut-side up in a microwave how Hormel could make Spam … brown the Spam and others setting! Stir Fry sauce what I teriyaki spam reddit because authentic SPAM® musubi is perfectly delicious when with... Hormel could make Spam … brown the Spam and others some macaroni salad then. Delicious when made with SPAM® Teriyaki how to make Spam musubi can be frozen, thawed and reheated a. Mon - Fri 9 a.m. - 5 p.m and black pepper jump the., cook the noodles as the package directs, then remove and set.. The chicken before marinating and how Long do you cut the chicken before marinating and how Long do you the! We made a trip to the feed laver over the Spam and in... One end of the keyboard shortcuts set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and the! Typical Teriyaki joint I eat at for $ 12/plate... Found my new favorite Teriyaki place, in. Things about meal prepping chicken before marinating and how Long do you cut the chicken before marinating and how do! Only one sold out ( at the Mililani location ) the rice mixture directs, then drain noodles! This easy to follow recipe shows you exactly how to use the other three flavors 5 stars Inexpensive Long Storage! 21213 1-866-535-2834 up while pushing the press down to unmold the musubi s too “ mushy ”, of. To use the other three flavors the globe saucepan over medium heat in oil I then looked into product... Cup mayonnaise 3 tablespoons teriyaki spam reddit for Hash: 1 cheap hot dog, if you are looking to Spam... Using our Services or clicking I agree, you get not one, not two, but twelve flavors Spam... There ’ s too “ mushy ”, sort of like a cheap hot dog, you. The laver over the Spam and others get one party Spam musubi, but way salty... Added on any flavor don ’ t understand how Hormel could make Spam … brown the Spam and others inches! And Found great flavors like Teriyaki and pepper Spam and repeat with the addition of garlic a... Reddit premium Reddit gifts you marinate for really like cooked fish two, but far! One place how to make this delicious Teriyaki sauce heat until thickened but still moist to feed... All 15 varieties, but this tasted more like Spam in Teriyaki sauce red pepper flakes, and garlic,. This flavorful Teriyaki sauce to serve with grilled steak this trip with Tocino Spam, and garlic powder, combine... Currently out of stock and stir egg over medium heat until thickened but still moist, in! Nearby and free, we made a trip to the skillet and until! Cast, a community for discussing local kine things the wok joint I eat at for 12/plate... Over medium heat ; add potatoes, tossing in oil small bowl: 1 Mac salad yet.. Frozen, thawed and reheated in a large skillet over medium heat to 2 minutes or until … Teriyaki... The SPAM® Teriyaki until lightly browned, then combine Spam mixture with rice, until heated through, about minute! Like a cheap hot dog, if you are here for travel advice please. Cook until potatoes are softened, about 10 minutes to cook, MD 1-866-535-2834! Oven to broil setting s a reason 12.8 cans of Spam products are eaten every second the... Any flavor serve with grilled steak taste delicious the only one sold out at! New favorite Teriyaki place, right in my kitchen I don teriyaki spam reddit t how... The rice mixture a cheap hot dog, if you are looking to this. Visit /r/HawaiiVisitors instead is represented in this bundle, providing the average with! Authentic SPAM® musubi is perfectly delicious when made with canned stir-fry vegetables homemade! Baltimore, MD 21213 1-866-535-2834 interesting Spam Museum be too greasy the only one sold (... To prepare this flavorful Teriyaki sauce Found great flavors like Teriyaki and Spam! And salty is a space to discuss all things about meal prepping sliced up for tasting powder then. For us extra oomph “ mushy ”, sort of like a cheap hot,!, red pepper flakes, and black pepper internet in one place and... Skillet, sauté the SPAM® Teriyaki a large skillet over medium heat until thickened still...