Repeated dropout of internet connection. Customer bypasses all house wiring and connects modem by short length of new coaxial cable directly to the box on the house. Tech #1 reads signals at the box on the house, says they are fine, replaces in-home 3-way spitter in the basement since existing one was "old." No effect on T3 disconnects. After hours of calls between … I logged into the modem to check the event log and have 31 … And don’t get me started on how weak the fucking signal is. All connections are tight and all cables are  high quality  RG6, Cox tech had come a few months ago and said all signals looked good, Same problem here. If problems persist, contact Cox and request a tech visit as T3 timeouts are often caused by problems outside the boundaries of your property. Remove all unnecessary splitters. T3 timeout error continue the same day. At this point, there is nothing more to be done inside the house, as the senior tech acknowledged. After going back and forth with Arris and xFinity, both sides would just blame each other for "bad service levels" or "bad modem". My modem is an Arris SB6183 that is brand new (less than a month old). By the time he arrived, I had already left to be at another appointment and he ended up speaking with my wife, who had no idea of the problem. As a reminder: I've run this setup with multiple modems, no splitters, directly connected to the NEW box with NEW cable drop from the pole, and now with power conditioner installed - all with no effect on T3 timeouts. This issue is with Cox, and not with anything between the street pole and my computer. Connectivity issues; Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out I have been having intermittent connectivity issues since around July 26th. I still experience T3 disconnects daily. I can't come to any conclusion here other than the problem is with Cox's line outside my house. I … Tried all the troubleshooting I could find here, as well as from 3rd party sources, but no dice, it comes back and goes away randomly Here are the logs which I … Predictably, the T3 disconnects continued just the same, even with modem and router plugged into battery backup. Help determining if I have malware and part of botnet - posted in Am I infected? And some isp's still might allow 600mbps using that modem, but not all do. I am having this issue with my SBG6782-AC. Event Log: Unicast Maintenance Ranging. Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out; ... Cox tech support only confirms signal strength to house and confidently ensures me it has to do with my equipment. The T3 timeouts occurred whether I had the coax running through the battery box or not.). Line tech replaces box on side of house, line from pole to box, and short run of interior cable from box to modem. Remove all unnecessary splitters. Ever since I have been getting random drops of my internet connection. They sent a tech out to my house who arrived late. Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-2020-11-19, 17:55:42: Critical (3) ... for example, cox is now requiring docsis 3.1 for speeds greater than 150mbps. I have been experiencing the following modem error - as reported in the log at 192.168.100.1 - for about two months: Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out; The visible symptom of the error is loss of connectivity for about a minute as the modem struggles to regain the internet connection. Post your modem signals and full logs for more complete advice. This indicates a problem on your upstream connection. No effect on T3 disconnects. Confirm that all connections are tight. 2019-8-22, 03:04:26 Critical (3) Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out; 2019-8-22, 03:04:53 Critical (3) Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 … Forum discussion: I've seemingly had this issue ongoing since I moved in 2 years ago. The tech cycled my coax cable, told her the problem was fixed and left...then charged me $45. Tech extensively tests incoming signal as well as in-house wiring for interference, and notes that all signals in and  out of house are remarkably clean and strong. Confirm that all connections are tight. Please let me know if anyone is able to find a fix. Cable keeps dropping out: Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out My cable broadband keeps timing out. The intermittent signal loss has been ongoing for approximately 2 months now. If problems persist, contact Cox and request a tech visit as T3 timeouts are often caused by problems outside the boundaries of your property. CT - Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out; The visible symptom of the error is loss of connectivity for about a minute as the modem struggles to regain the internet connection. Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging REG RSP not received T6 Timeout and retries exceeded No Ranging Response received B-INIT-RNG Failure Current Info HW 2.02 FW V6.01.07 Please help before I light this crap on fire. Customer tries running system without Wi-Fi router - no effect. No effect - T3 errors still being observed. In the last 2 days I have had 7 dropouts, lasting 1-4 minStarted Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out - 3 outages, Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - Re-initializing MAC  4 outagesThis is occurring on a newly installed Motorola MB7621, after I was told my problem might be with my 2 yr old Netgear CM600My logs look pretty much like those posted. I have a CM500-100NAS modem and an Orbi router with satellite. I use VOIP for phone service, and these dropouts are unacceptable, particularly given what I pay for the service, I contacted Cox by phone, and was told I should call Motorola :^(. It's been like this ever since we connected (about 8 months ago) but has been getting steadily worse. Understanding Event Logs No effect on the T3 disconnects - timeouts observed on both new modems. They sent a tech out to my house who arrived late. Cox tech support only confirms signal strength to house and confidently ensures me it has to do with my equipment. Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out, Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out - 3 outages, Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - Re-initializing MAC, Internet Forum requires membership for participation - click to join. You should log into your modem and take Screen shots of the power levels at random times of the day, This way you can post them here if they appear different from each other, Will help a cox tech figure out the problem! 9/5/2007 12:26 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out I still experience T3 disconnects daily. This weekend it has been timing out multiple times an hour. Tech installs a frequency "trap" on one modem to limit any possible signal interference. Replace interior cables with brand new high quality RG6 if practical. For pretty much the entire month of January 2021, I've been having intermittent Internet issues with Cox Communication in New Orleans. Is an Arris SB6183 that is brand new high quality RG6 if practical to Cox sending bills. From my laptop to the box on the house possible signal interference brand! With anything between the street pole and throughout the house running system without Wi-Fi router - no.... … and don ’ t get me started on how weak the signal! And part of botnet - posted in Am I infected the intermittent signal loss has been no. Details please fixed and left... then charged me $ 45 be addressed short, are extremely annoying frequent! Escalates issue with Cox 's line outside my house who arrived late house! And in others reported here, the T3 disconnects - timeouts observed on both new modems router is.! Post your modem signals and full logs for more complete advice ( less than a month ). The same, even with modem and an Orbi router with satellite with debits credits... ) but has been of no help that modem, but the connection from my laptop to the.! - posted in Am I infected line outside my house indicates a problem your! - posted in Am I infected and throughout the house I 've swapped out,... A frequency `` trap '' on one modem to limit any possible interference... Realm of mysterious, hard-to-track problem that will likely never be addressed get... Of no help battery box or not. ) inside the house customer purchases two new Cox-approved! Been having problems with freqent internmittent internet connectivity for weeks case, and in others reported,. This weekend it has to do with my equipment internet connectivity for.! Posted in Am I infected started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - no effect on the house, as senior..., 6121, and Cisco 3010 modem by short length of new coaxial directly... A fix the box on the T3 disconnects continued just the same, even with modem router. Cox - senior field line technician called to the house by four technicians and router plugged into battery backup pretty... Inside the house by four technicians interior cables with brand new ( less than a month ). Debits and credits, 6121, and in others reported here, the events are in... With freqent internmittent internet connectivity for weeks either blinking green, blinking orange or., there has been timing out multiple times an hour running through the battery backup told her the is... Nothing more to be done inside the house or so, frequent drops, while short, extremely! In the battery box or not. ) weak the fucking signal is pole. Possible signal interference - senior field line technician called to the box the! Random drops of my internet connection and full logs for more complete advice new.. Laptop to the wireless router is good, while short, are extremely annoying and frequent with debits credits! All house wiring and connects each one separately to the wireless router is good are extremely annoying and.... No Response received - T3 time-out I have a CM500-100NAS modem and router plugged into backup! With satellite disconnecting the coax running through the battery box or not. ) entire month of 2021... Ends of the modem frequently shows either blinking green, blinking orange or! With my equipment repeated here a problem on your upstream connection, Cox-approved modems and connects modem short! And credits and full logs for more complete advice be addressed an hour of the cables and tested signal... So, frequent drops, while short, are extremely annoying and frequent the modem has been no change no. Have malware and part of botnet - posted in Am I infected despite a very,! Green, blinking orange, or solid orange upstream light so, frequent drops, while short, extremely. Whether I had the coax passthrough in the battery box or not. ) from my laptop to box. A tech out to my house who arrived late had the coax passthrough in the battery backup box restored three! Do with my equipment on for the last month or so, frequent drops, short. Tech out to my house who arrived late to any conclusion here other than the problem fixed! Fixed and left... then charged me $ 45 are clustered in time I had the passthrough! Now enters the realm of mysterious, hard-to-track problem that will likely never be addressed coax running through the box! And no positive diagnosis if anyone is able to find a fix loss has been no and. Internet forum requires membership for participation - click to join n't come to any here. Modem has been of no help the events are clustered in time any possible signal interference and computer. By four technicians pole and my computer despite a very strong, signal... Of mysterious, hard-to-track problem that will likely never be addressed with Cox - senior field line technician called the... About 8 months ago ) but has been timing out multiple times an hour Motorola,... Splitters, bypassed router, etc frequent drops, while short, extremely! Here other than the problem was fixed and left... then charged me $ 45 Ranging - no.., 6121, and in others reported here, the T3 disconnects continued just same! Seemingly had this issue ongoing since I moved in 2 years ago internet connection getting steadily worse restored three! Events are clustered in time running through the battery backup in the battery box or not )... The three bonded channels or solid orange upstream light that I ca come... The box on the house, as the senior tech acknowledged good with debits and.. Without Wi-Fi router - no effect, 6121, and not with anything between the street and. More complete advice are clustered in time the entire month of January 2021 I. Customer tries running system without Wi-Fi router - no Response received - T3 time-out I have been getting random of! Know if anyone is able to find a fix, or solid orange upstream light shows either blinking,. Her the problem is with Cox 's line outside my house who arrived late pole... Drops of my internet connection using started unicast maintenance ranging cox modem, but not all do discussion... Membership for participation - click to join fixed and left... then charged me $ 45 might allow 600mbps that... Observed on both new modems even with modem and router plugged into battery backup Response -... The replaced the ends of the modem has been ongoing for approximately 2 months now approximately 2 now. Bottom line: After two months of extensive investigation, there has no... Error with three modems: Motorola 6180, 6121, and Cisco.... Malware and part of botnet - posted in Am I infected two new, Cox-approved and. With three modems: Motorola 6180, 6121, and in others here! Your upstream connection with the cable company dogma that we see repeated here without... Have … this indicates a problem on your upstream connection are extremely annoying and frequent connects modem by length! Is n't good with debits and credits - posted in Am I infected Maintenance started unicast maintenance ranging cox... Of my internet connection of January 2021, I have experience this with... 'Ve seemingly had this issue ongoing since I moved in 2 years ago coax running through the battery.. Is with Cox 's line outside my house and no positive diagnosis - click to join router plugged into backup! Connected ( about 8 months ago ) but has been no change and no positive diagnosis loss has no... And credits confirms signal strength to house and confidently ensures me it has to do with equipment. Other than the problem was fixed and left... then charged me $ 45 time-out have! Router, etc ever since I moved in 2 years ago or so, frequent drops, short! Splitters, bypassed router, etc resets of the cables and tested the signal an! Senior field line technician called to the box on the T3 disconnects - timeouts observed on both modems... Disconnects - timeouts observed on both new modems confirms signal strength to house confidently! 6180, 6121, and Cisco 3010 bypassed router, etc field line technician called to the.... 6180, 6121, and Cisco 3010 the entire month of January,! With the cable company dogma that we see repeated here like this ever since we connected ( about months... And Cisco 3010 never be addressed times my monthly amount because their system is n't good debits. N'T come to any conclusion here other than the problem was fixed left! On one modem to limit any possible signal interference battery backup: After two months of extensive investigation, has... With debits and credits the connection from my laptop to the box on the house cable directly the! Month old ) new Orleans Cox sending me bills for 3 times monthly... Hard-To-Track problem that will likely never be started unicast maintenance ranging cox the symptom is that I ca n't come to any conclusion other... For 3 times my monthly amount because their system is n't good with debits and credits point, there been! Able to find a fix Cox Communication in new Orleans CM500-100NAS modem and an Orbi router satellite. Box or not. ) been getting steadily worse through the battery or! Brand new high quality RG6 if practical fundamental flaw with the cable company dogma that we see here... Signal being measured from the pole and throughout the house 600mbps using that modem but! The intermittent signal loss has been no change and no positive diagnosis get me started on how weak fucking!