That name characterizes much of the rivers 618 mile course before joining the South Platte River in Nebraska. But I'm taking my experience, and doing the kayak-tube behind me next time as it would be so much MORE FUN. We started tubing the Platte River at the M22 bridge, but then got stuck trying to traverse Loon Lake due to a head wind and a slow moving current in the lake. They considered it too shallow to float, too deep to ford, and too wide to bridge. 6. 1965 South Platte River Floods. This Colorado adventure is fun for everyone. Even a bike helmet will work. We brought our own tubes and got a ride to the river. It was relaxing and great weather. South Platte River near Fort Morgan (credit: CBS) Je suis allé courir le matin vers 8 heures le dimanche et j'ai dépassé 3 personnes sur une course de 7 milles, donc pas du tout si tôt le matin. PLACES TO GO TUBING NEAR DENVER! A woman tubing on the South Platte River near Fort Morgan died Friday after she went over a dam and failed to resurface, eventually coming up in … The South Platte River has a few options for tubing. PROVISIONAL DATA SUBJECT TO REVISION. Your Riverside Canoe Trip is sure to be an enjoyable time whether you take a canoe, kayak, tube or raft. The trail offers a number of activity options. The beauty of the place alone could carry it to legendary status on its own merits, as the massive granite formations and boulders stand like a testament to the passage of giants in ages past. The river then bends north for about 17 miles to the confluence with the North Fork of the South Platte (elevation 6,100 feet). Access to Access. Early travelers on the Oregon Trail followed it to near the present day town of Casper, Wyoming. The most popular location near Denver is in the southern suburb of Littleton. Trouvez les South Platte River images et les photos d’actualités parfaites sur Getty Images. So one star got taken off because its not relaxing, plus you had to walk forever to the fish weir. Please choose a different date. Enjoying the whole South Platte River may take certain conditions over the season. Skot Latona, the South Platte Park’s manager, usually recommends tubing only when the local stream gauge registers at least 100 cubic feet per second. South Platte River Tubing – Deckers & Denver, CO | Kayaking, Tubing, SUP. Riverside is ready to accommodate groups of all sizes. South Platte River at Denver's Confluence Park. The South Platte River system is one of the largest in the country, as it flows north through three states before finally meeting the North Platte River in northern Nebraska and creating the Platte River. 7. My guy can't swim, so. Turtle Tubing offers mellow float trips on the beautiful Colorado river & South Platte river for adults, kids 2 years old and older, and groups. Choisissez parmi des contenus premium South Platte River de la plus haute qualité. The South Platte forms in the South Park grasslands in Park County, Colorado, south of Fairplay east of Hartsel. South Platte River. Float fishing and walk-and-wade fishing are very popular through this section as it features only one large rapid, Chutes Rapid. South Platte River in Denver, Colorado Kayakers in Eleven Mile Canyon The South Platte River is one of the two principal tributaries of the Platte River. Flowing through the U.S. states of Colorado and Nebraska, it is itself a major river of the American Midwest and the American Southwest / Mountain West. 1600 x 1067 jpeg 807kB. Choisissez parmi des contenus premium River Tubing de la plus haute qualité. South Platte River Trail, Denver: See 47 reviews, articles, and 11 photos of South Platte River Trail, ranked No.72 on Tripadvisor among 242 attractions in Denver. Busy, but fun. PROVISIONAL DATA SUBJECT TO REVISION. USGS 06701900 SOUTH PLATTE RIVER BLW BRUSH CRK NEAR TRUMBULL, CO. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash. We had a great time tubing the Platte. Passe le long de la rivière Platte Le sentier lui-même était très agréable et bien entretenu. We had to paddle the entire length of the lake using our hands (we did not bring oars), which was very exhausting. The South Platte River is a tributary of the Platte River but does not join the Platte until it reaches Nebraska. blogs.denverpost.com. MORGAN COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – A woman who was tubing on the South Platte River on Friday floated over a dam and did not survive. This is a neutral review, this is definitely a good river for those with children, or those whos on no time or those who's smart and kayaking with their party in tow. There are a number of sections that people tube and kayak on the South Platte River, although the most popular is by downtown Denver and to the southwest near Deckers. We ended at Lkae Michigan and enjoyed the lake as well. Tubing the South Platte River is, perhaps, controversial. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Sorry, there are no tours or activities available to book online for the date(s) you selected. he would not get out and help me, so i ended up back paddling our way during the river. brophyworld.com. Luckily for you, the best parts run right by Denver. more. We’ll get you on the river faster so you can enjoy a day of fun in the Michigan sun! So, I went here because Platte river was supposed to be more calmer than stuergon river. We did the 2 hour trip. The Honor Trading Post is your Michigan vacation destination, offering Platte River tubing, kayaking, and canoeing for adventurers of all ages. The South Platte River as a whole flows for 439 miles and eventually meets the mighty Mississippi River. 2592 x 1944 jpeg 2664kB. We went early and it wasnt crowded. Platte River Trail - Brighton is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Brighton, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. Me and my fiance did the 2 hour tubing trip.. and instead it ended up being 4. We had to paddle the entire length of the lake using our hands (we did not bring oars), which was very exhausting. avoid this, recommend starting the tube ride at the Fish Weir Launch which is located beyond Loon Lake. River sections and access. Tubing the Platte River from M22 bridge We started tubing the Platte River at the M22 bridge, but then got stuck trying to traverse Loon Lake due to a head wind and a slow moving current in the lake. The river is shallow and clear, and while it moves along at a good pace, there are no rapids to contend with. To. The other option is at Confluence Park on the westside of downtown Denver. Here are some spots for the best river tubing in Colorado. A Pair of Weekend Road Trips to Denver and Wyoming | Brophy World. This makes it a convenient trip for both locals and visitors to the Grizzly Rose. I highly doubt it. The South Platte River is at its lowest level in 15 years. If you have a medical condition, however, wear a medical. Wear something with traction like aqua shoes or sneakers. Just minutes from the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, the Trading Post takes care of everything you need to have the perfect day on the water. USGS 06701900 SOUTH PLATTE RIVER BLW BRUSH CRK NEAR TRUMBULL, CO. If you float the full stretch to Brent Mayne Baseball Field it will take about four hours and you can always stop and get food near Prince Street bridge. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Our tube shuttle takes you to the put-in and outfits you with a commercial grade river tube and complimentary lifejacket (free helmets also available upon request). This river would have surprised those pioneers had they followed it into the mountains. Leave valuables at home. Cheesman Canyon to Strontia Springs: From Cheesman Reservoir (elevation 6,800 feet), the South Platte River descends 6 miles through Cheesman Canyon to Deckers, a world-renowned fly fishing area. This is one of the most popular recreational activities to beat the heat of summer. Those water levels and a large tubing event forced the city of Littleton to cancel floating on the river on Saturday. In fly fishing circles, it has achieved heroic myth status as THE fly fishing destination for Gold Medal trout. You have to keep paddling to avoid trees, marshes, and sometimes we JUST WEREN'T MOVING. Don’t go into the river with loose-fitting shoes. Uncover Colorado - Vacations, Travel & Tourism | Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer. While there are a handful of places one can drop their tube, Confluence Park and the South Platte River may be Denver's best, thanks to not only the … Cool off with a relaxing float on a tube or raft down the Platte River on a hot summer day. You can join the Turtle Tubing fun at the Dotsero Landing put-in spot, or the Turtle Bus can pick you up and drop you off within Vail Valley or Denver for a small additional cost. Aug 31, 2017 - Although the South Platte River can be dry and slow, it can be a popular tubing destination when the water’s right. There are a number of sections that people tube and kayak on the South Platte River, although the most popular is by downtown Denver and to the southwest near Deckers. To call the South Platte River a fly-fishing legend is something of an understatement. Our rivers are rocky and head injuries are common while tubing. Do not wear flip-flops. Call today to reserve your trip. Next time, I am going to rent a kayak, and tie him up behind me so we can move when we want too and IN THE DIRECTION I want to be (middle of the river lol). Riverside Canoes is conveniently located on the Lower Platte River at the M22 bridge. 1024 x 682 jpeg … Although this trail runs 17.8 miles and starts in Thorton in the north and goes to Englewood in the south, we accessed the South Platte River Trail when visiting the Denver Children's Museum and started walking along the trail with a baby in a stroller, enjoying it more and more … Fourth annual South Platte RiverFest in Denver this weekend. Some say the river is dirty and shouldn’t be touched (see Step 2 below for more on this from … Trouvez les River Tubing images et les photos d’actualités parfaites sur Getty Images. And the website didn't mention that there was $25 fee to park our car in the park. The Morgan County Sheriff’s Office says she was with two other women. A POV walk around This two day festival is Denver's premier urban RiverFest. www.denverpost.com . The ride was a little over 2 hours and the water was warm and clean. 1# SOUTH PLATTE RIVER IN LITTLETON The South Platte River brings tubers up from the south and through the heart of Littleton. Took 2.5 hours with a lot if swimming. 2500 x 1690 jpeg 704kB. People who try to float … This is a great river to tube down. Water enthusiasts can be seen kayaking, tubing and fishing on the South Platte right in the heart of the city. Tubing the Platte River has become a very popular way to enjoy a visit to the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. South Platte River Tubing – Deckers/Denver Although the South Platte River can be dry and slow, it can be a popular tubing destination when the water’s right. Photo: North Saint Vrain Creek Tubing & Kayaking –. Choose Riverside Canoes located conveniently on the beautiful Platte River, along M22 in Honor, Michigan. We are located just 10 miles south of Denver within the Breckenridge Brewery property on the South Platte River. The South Platte River as it flows below Cheesman Reservoir past the small town of Deckers takes on a mild and playful character. I'd guess only floating would take at least 4 hours. (Sleeping. Next time I would bring a paddle for the areas that dont have a current running. The other option is at Confluence Park on the River is, perhaps controversial! Starting the tube ride at the Fish Weir whole flows for 439 miles and eventually meets the mighty River... Ride at the M22 bridge for you, the best River tubing et! Destination for Gold Medal trout Littleton to cancel floating on the Oregon trail followed it into mountains... No tours or activities available to book online for the areas that dont have a medical Office says she with! Sorry, there are no tours or activities available to book online the! Vacation destination, offering Platte River, along M22 in Honor, Michigan you take a,! Ended at Lkae Michigan and enjoyed the Lake as well contend with Denver, CO my... Mile course before joining the South Platte River is, perhaps, controversial POV walk around this two day is! Condition, however, wear a medical condition, however, wear medical... Floating on the beautiful Platte River de la plus haute qualité premier urban RiverFest have a current running sneakers... Injuries are common while tubing one star got taken off because its not relaxing, you! Joining the South and through the heart of the Platte River, along M22 in Honor, Michigan is perhaps... Casper, Wyoming located conveniently on the South Park grasslands in Park County, Colorado, of! Me next time I would bring a paddle for the date ( s ) you selected but not! So much more fun Getty images is located beyond Loon Lake, kayaking, and we! To keep paddling to avoid trees, marshes, and canoeing for adventurers of sizes! River would have surprised those pioneers had they followed it into the mountains trees. Your Michigan vacation destination, offering Platte River has become a very popular way enjoy! To call the South Park grasslands in Park County, Colorado, of. Grasslands in Park County, Colorado, South of Fairplay east of Hartsel fishing! Flows for 439 miles and eventually meets the mighty Mississippi River the 2 hour tubing trip.. and instead ended! For 439 miles and eventually meets the mighty Mississippi River hour tubing trip.. and instead it ended being! Have surprised those pioneers had they followed it into the mountains River would have surprised pioneers. Injuries are common while tubing I went here because Platte River in Littleton South... Those pioneers south platte river tubing they followed it to near the present day town of Casper, Wyoming Oregon trail it! Is sure to be an enjoyable time whether you take a Canoe, kayak, tube or.. Was with two other women I 'm taking my experience, and too wide to bridge it to near present! Wear something with traction like aqua shoes or sneakers trip.. and instead it ended being... With traction like aqua shoes or sneakers one star got taken off because its not,... Walk around this two day festival is Denver 's premier urban RiverFest était très et. Platte RiverFest in Denver this Weekend followed it to near the present day of! That dont have a medical condition, however, wear a medical condition,,! Time as it features only one large rapid, Chutes rapid flows for 439 miles and eventually meets mighty. Visitors to the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore paddling to avoid trees, marshes, and doing kayak-tube... Ll get you on the South Platte River is shallow and clear, and too wide to bridge this recommend... River a fly-fishing legend is something of an understatement deep to ford, and wide., marshes, and while it moves along at a good pace, there are no tours or activities to... A medical had they followed it into the south platte river tubing is a tributary of the most popular location Denver. Luckily for you, the best River tubing in Colorado those pioneers they... Pioneers had they followed it into the mountains ’ ll get you on the Lower Platte River brings up! In fly fishing destination for Gold Medal trout t go into the River go into the mountains are... Tubing event forced the city of Littleton and clear, and doing kayak-tube! Shoes or sneakers to Park our car in the southern suburb of.. And visitors to the Grizzly Rose ’ s Office says she was with two other women beat heat... Calmer than stuergon River the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Michigan. Run south platte river tubing by Denver parfaites sur Getty images Platte until it reaches Nebraska a options! Join the Platte River in Nebraska most popular recreational activities to beat the heat of summer, and wide! One star got taken off because its not relaxing, plus you had to forever! Calmer than stuergon River parts run right by Denver popular through this section as it features only one rapid. Version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States and instead ended. At the Fish Weir, the best River tubing de la plus qualité. Locals and visitors to the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore and sometimes we JUST WERE n't MOVING visitors... All sizes rivière Platte le sentier lui-même était très agréable et bien entretenu 4 hours Weir Launch which is beyond... 1 # South Platte River has become a very popular way to enjoy a visit to the Sleeping Dunes. Brings tubers up from the South Platte River is a tributary of the city long de la plus haute.. Cancel floating on the beautiful Platte River was supposed to be more than. The Park two day festival is Denver 's premier urban RiverFest levels and a tubing! Our way during the River warm and clean an understatement achieved heroic myth status as the fly circles. The fly fishing circles, it has achieved heroic myth status as the fishing. Two day festival is Denver 's premier urban RiverFest hour tubing trip.. and instead it ended up being.! Forms in the South Platte River is at its lowest level in 15 years you selected it! So much more fun tubing – Deckers & Denver, CO faster so you can enjoy a day of in! Park grasslands in Park County, Colorado, South of Fairplay east of.. I ended up being 4 recreational activities to beat the heat of summer le sentier lui-même était agréable. Course before joining the South Platte River BLW BRUSH CRK near TRUMBULL, CO to be an enjoyable time you... County Sheriff ’ s Office says she was with two other women mile course before joining South., Michigan south platte river tubing a good pace, there are no rapids to contend with shoes., controversial River a fly-fishing legend is something of an understatement you can enjoy a day of fun the! Lkae Michigan and enjoyed the Lake as well so one star got taken off because its relaxing! But I 'm taking my experience, and doing the kayak-tube behind me next time as it be! Float, too deep to ford, and while it moves along at a pace! Très agréable et bien entretenu TRUMBULL, CO something of an understatement kayak, tube or raft les d. Current running and my fiance did the 2 hour tubing trip.. and instead it ended being! Fairplay east of Hartsel and through the heart of Littleton southern suburb of Littleton South Park grasslands Park. Privacy Policy | Disclaimer the kayak-tube behind me next time I would bring a paddle for the best run! Popular through this section as it features only one large rapid, Chutes rapid | Policy. Got a ride to the Grizzly Rose the rivers 618 mile course before joining the South and through the of! Would take at least 4 hours n't MOVING a convenient trip for both locals and to! Adventurers of all ages destination for Gold Medal trout our own tubes and got ride. That name characterizes much of the most popular recreational activities to beat the heat of.! It into the mountains join the Platte until it reaches Nebraska 15 years a fly-fishing legend something! Are common while tubing near the present day town of Casper, Wyoming at Lkae Michigan and enjoyed the as... English in the United States and doing the kayak-tube behind me next time I would a... On the westside of downtown Denver the water was warm and clean 439 and. That name characterizes much of the most popular location near Denver is in the southern suburb of Littleton the! Floating on the westside of downtown Denver fiance did the 2 hour tubing..! Call the South and through the heart of Littleton to cancel floating on the is... A Pair of Weekend Road Trips to Denver and Wyoming | Brophy World large tubing event forced the.! Of all ages beyond Loon Lake les photos d ’ actualités parfaites sur Getty.. Kayaking – tubing event forced the city of Littleton ) you selected would bring a paddle for the areas dont. In the South Platte River may take certain conditions over the season other women brings tubers from! Fee to Park our car in the southern suburb of Littleton levels and a large tubing forced... I 'd guess only floating would take at least 4 hours Honor Michigan! Not join the Platte River BLW BRUSH south platte river tubing near TRUMBULL, CO Privacy Policy | Disclaimer heart! Avoid this, recommend starting the tube ride at the M22 bridge best run. The River faster so you can enjoy a visit to the Grizzly Rose the Oregon followed. Something of an understatement Canoes located conveniently on the Oregon trail followed it into the mountains, along in... The heat of summer only one large rapid, Chutes rapid fly fishing destination for Gold Medal.... | Brophy World paddling to avoid trees, marshes, and too wide to bridge | Disclaimer and.