your own Pins on Pinterest He isn’t alone in his feelings anymore; he’s got all of us on his side. Gus Dapperton really likes his long words. Reviews; News; Interviews; Series. After finishing high school he attended Drexel University in Philadelphia, studying music technology and working on his own songs. This song in Retrieved July 2, 2020. See more. Cannons – Fire For You. And on top of it, I was performing. ... You Talk Funny" – Gus Dapperton (Single Review)". ‘First Aid’ and “Antidotes’ are more alike Cigarettes After Sex’ slow-burning pop, while ‘Grim’ falls into a country-meets-trip-pop amalgamation of its own. Expressing his feelings towards her, he would "tread upon flower beds" for her, and then continues to sing about she ate all his food, and "pegged" him up all wrong. Gus Dapperton’s new album “ORCA” toys with pain and healing through a ... With song titles such as “Post Humorous,” “Antidote” and “Medicine,” Dapperton’s exploration of health and healing becomes even more tangible. “Post Humorous” features Dapperton’s signature buoyant instrumentals juxtaposed against poignant lyrics which reflect on dealing with death in early childhood. By dropping his guard, Dapperton has reinvented his usual slacker-pop to accommodate his raw emotions. His newest release "Post Humorous", is only the first step towards major chart climbs. Posthumous definition, arising, occurring, or continuing after one's death: a posthumous award for bravery. Gus Dapperton - Post Humorous https://youtu.be/nFHdgdp2sA8. "First Aid" is the first single from Gus Dapperton's second studio album "Orca". “Post Humorous” Gus Dapperton; METZ Bludgeon with Beauty on Atlas Vending; Tracks. Dapperton began writing Orca while on tour in 2018, exhilarated by performing for fans and first-time listeners in countries he’d never visited before, but feeling the stresses of the road as well. This song is really my pride and joy and I’m really just so thankful to be able to make music and share it with everyone. “Swan Song” is the tenth and final track of Gus Dapperton’s sophomore album Orca. By confronting his vulnerabilities head on, he’s had a fresh start both musically and mentally. 13. 20. Find more of Gus Dapperton lyrics. Since his first few EPs, Gus Dapperton has embodied pop culture – in all its guises. Related Gus Dapperton Links Official page Gum, Toe And Sole video Gus Dapperton twitter Gus Dapperton facebook. The passionate cries of “I always say I’ll get ahead of it / But every time they time try to fix me up / I get addicted to the medicine” are particularly stunning. Try it free. While nobody but him can speak to his actual sincerity, on tracks like Post Humorous, chucking in words like ‘iridescence’ and ‘incandescence’ into the same chorus come off more like an English grad using a thesaurus to impress their lecturer, rather than the most concise way Dapperton could have described what he’s going for. 14. Moments of ‘Orca’ have a good crack at filling 2020’s summer-shaped hole but is keen to remind that the good times don’t always roll. The song features additional vocals from Gus' sister Amadelle just like his other song "First Aid" and it was released on July 1st, 2020. check amazon for Post Humorous mp3 download these lyrics are submitted by MXM1 browse other artists under G:G2 G3 G4 G5 Songwriter(s): Gus Dapperton Record Label(s): 2020 Gus Dapperton under exclusive license to AWAL Recordings America, Inc Official lyrics by Everything else is a lot of glimpses of my life, and I think “Post Humorous” sums everything up, sums up my music, and sums up my sound, and everything. A show can be the most inspirational, emotional high; but if something goes wrong it can be devastating.” Dapperton added that he’s an “advocate” for being vulnerable in songwriting and that it was “cathartic to put these emotions into music.”. Top Gus Dapperton Lyrics I Have Lost My Pearls Sockboy Give It To Me Straight First Aid Eyes For Ellis Amadelle With Love Beyond Amends World Class Cinema Post Humorous Coax & Botany. Most of the songs on the album, however, lack the gravitational pull of “Post Humorous,” their spare, repetitive structures drifting aimlessly as if in free fall. Watch official video, print or download text in PDF. The single is off Dapperton’s recently announced second album, "Post Humorous" is the second single from Gus Dapperton's sophomore studio album "Orca". The title refers to the common metaphor “swan song”, meaning a final effort or last performance. "Medicine" is the third single to be lifted from Orca, arriving after " Post Humorous " and " … ... so extremely honored to announce that i’ll be playing “Post Humorous” on @fallontonight with @jimmyfallon on november 10th! But I wanted to make this metaphor for feeling trapped and to represent the suffering that coincidently happens when you feel that way. Dayglow – Can I Call You Tonight? Starting in 2016, Gus progressively created quite an entertaining persona by getting some adorable indie-pop hits under his belt from "Moodna With Grace" to "Gum, Toe & Sole" and especially the infectious and unique hit, "Prune, You Talk Funny". https://www.dailycal.org/2020/09/28/gus-dapperton-opens-up-on-orca In that regard, do you kinda see Orca and the deeper meaning behind the songs on it as juxtaposing the fleeting, ... Watch the music video for “Post Humorous” by Gus Dapperton … 15. In “Medicine,” Dapperton confronts how healing can be obstructed through addictive forms of release. Post Humorous Gus Dapperton. In an Instagram post, Dapperton says that the newest single leading up to his album is a reflection of someone who "treats life like a joke and death like a victory". Dapperton opened up about the single’s meaning ahead of the visual’s release, saying it was a reflection on dealing with death as a young child. LIKE TWEET. Through uniquely raw vocals, slow boiling for about two and a half minutes before finally breaking into a scream, Gus Dapperton recognizes that sometimes all you can do in the face of mortality is laugh. The song was premiered on July 1st, 2020. See more. Through uniquely raw vocals, slow boiling for about two and a half minutes before finally breaking into a scream, Gus Dapperton recognizes that sometimes all you can do in the face of … Top Gus Dapperton Lyrics Sockboy Give It To Me Straight First Aid Eyes For Ellis Amadelle With Love Beyond Amends Gum, Toe And Sole World Class Cinema I Have Lost My Pearls Coax & Botany. The meaning of the sound has not yet been confirmed by Gus, but it is assumed that he is talking about a lover, or soon to be lover. Available with an Apple Music subscription. Orca is out 9/18 via AWAL. GUS DAPPERTON My lifestyle and habits had gotten extreme. Explain your version of song meaning, find more of Gus Dapperton lyrics. ‘Post Humorous’ is a bona-fide pop banger, but the devastating monologue of experiencing a death during childhood is almost overlooked with its bright, playful vocals. Pop; HipHop/Rap; Soundtrack; Albums; Genres ; Search; Add Lyrics; Trending Topics: Latest • Albums • Tory Lanez • Chris Brown Lyrics • Lyrics. lyricsfa July 1, 2020 Post Humorous By Gus Dapperton. Post Humorous, a Single by Gus Dapperton. In an Instagram post made on July 2, 2020, Dapperton said:. 4 days ago Adrianne Lenker Announces Two New LPs. Gus Dapperton), In Passing 001, Give It To Me Straight, Fill Me Up Anthem, My Favorite Fish, Top Tracks: Prune, You Talk Funny, Post Humorous, Somewhere (feat. Jul 22, 2020 - This Pin was discovered by milca:). New York, NY (Top40 Charts) Gus Dapperton is launching his 2021 with a new set of live performances for Vevo's DSCVR. On, “Post Humorous”, the second single for his upcoming album Orca, Gus Dapperton battles the ambiguity of death and the grieving process. Gannon Hanevold. A mellow vibe accented by lush guitar chords with dreamy synths and drums. GUS DAPPERTON: I mean simply enough, Orca Whales are one of my favourite animals in the world. Dapperton's song "Of Lacking Spectacle" was featured on the Netflix series 13 Reasons Why and appears on the soundtrack album. July 9, 2020. This song is the epitome of an indie-pop bop, as are most of his other songs. Usually an avid supporter of DIY-ing everything, it’s also Dapperton’s first foray into bringing onboard an outsider with Spike Stent (Frank Ocean, Lady Gaga) on mixing duties. Gus Dapperton has reunited with his bandmates to perform his newest single “Post Humorous” live. … Although he prefers not to be categorized under any specific genre of music, his sound leans more towards a softer alternative rock. 19. Revealed on Twitter as Dapperton’s favourite song to have ever made, it follows the story of someone who gets high off the process of healing. 3. The 23-year-old could have a streaming sensation of his own with “Post Humorous,” a delightfully jarring concoction about grief and childhood trauma — … Gus Dapperton is back with new track "Medicine", the third single to be shared from his upcoming second LP Orca. He begins with a soothing tone, and the bridge has calm and melodic backing vocals, but when the hook starts the synths come in hard and his voice becomes so sweetly raspy. GUS DAPPERTON Gum, Toe And Sole … Yet, it’s so clear in the darker, honest meaning behind its happy-go-lucky guitar plucks and romanticised strings accompaniment. The song was premiered on April 21, 2020. Gus Dapperton is a 20-year-old Rock Singer/Songwriter from Warwick, New York. Now with his sophomore album ‘Orca’ ready to share, his slacker-pop is less relatable storytelling and more of a cathartic insight into his vulnerabilities around touring in your early twenties. All Time Low/blackbear – Monsters. From the smooth vocals, the deep bass-line ... read more → Gus Dapperton – Post Humorous. Make sure your selection Put me through hell, [Chorus] But I needed it to change (I do not regret it)

Bluebird. Comment and share your favourite lyrics. The singer’s album Orca deals with darker themes compared to his breezy debut LP Where Polly People Go To Read. Watch official video, print or download text in PDF. Dapperton has received some attention for his unique fashion style, consisting at some points of a green bowl cut, noticeable jewelry, eyeliner, particularly brightly colored clothing, and thick-rimmed glasses. Amnplify. Comment and share your favourite lyrics. Everytime I'm reminded of Gus Dapperton, I get a lil sad. Gus Dapperton continues to hone his wistful pop sound through his recent singles “Post Humorous” and “First Aid.” The singer is gearing up for the release of his sophomore record, Orca, and has appeased fans with a long-awaited video for “Post Humorous.”. Genres: Bedroom Pop. Gus Dapperton was born Brendan Rice in Warwick, New York in 1997. With song titles such as “Post Humorous,” “Antidote” and “Medicine,” Dapperton’s exploration of health and healing becomes even more tangible. Yellow and Such - EP 2017 You Think You're a Comic! Take ‘Bottle Opener’, it’s in-keep with the jangly upbeat tunes that drew comparisons to Mac DeMarco and Her’s. Meaning she might've assessed who he was as a person, or performed a new sexual act, and might've made him embarrassed, making him give her … Dapperton references his real name on the acoustic “First Aid” and grapples with death on the driving “Post Humorous.” In a chat with WNUR, the artist discussed virtual concerts, his influences and the ways in which Brendan and Gus “merge” on Orca, due September 18. Powfu/beabadoobee – death bed (coffee for your head) 16. Dapperton's song "Of Lacking Spectacle" was featured on the Netflix series 13 Reasons Why and appears on the soundtrack album. Even the repetitive harmonies of “You never let them get to you / I always let them get to me” are so beautiful in their execution, but the sadness they leave behind is unavoidable. Gus Dapperton has reunited with his bandmates to perform his newest single "Post Humorous" live. This conservation has been edited and condensed for clarity. "Post Humorous" is a song by American singer and songwriter Gus Dapperton. He soon left school and returned to New York, where he began developing the Gus Dapperton persona. Dapperton is very passionate about making music. Despite being in new territory on all aspects of the record, it still harps back to his bedroom-pop roots. This article is a stub! AZLyrics Moments of ‘Orca’ have a good crack at filling 2020’s summer-shaped hole but is keen to remind that the good times don’t always roll. Discover (and save!) There is only a handful of artists which have let me down as much as Gus has. Wasn’t eating healthy. This conservation has been edited and condensed for clarity. “Post Humerous” follows previous single “First Aid,” a song centered around themes of perceived isolation.The new album explores human pain and suffering, but also healing and redemption. “Post Humorous” is a clever combination of a deeply emotional experience along with easy-listening, resulting in a song that is never too sad, but not too happy either. Explain your version of song meaning, find more of Gus Dapperton lyrics. Song Lyrics Menu. Foo Fighters – Shame Shame. 2 weeks ago Hazel English Debuts Video For “Five And Dime” 1 month ago Jeff Rosenstock Debuts Video For “Scram!” 2 months ago Content. Glass Animals/Denzel Curry – Tokyo Drifting. Gus Dapperton, Category: Artist, Albums: Orca, Orca, Where Polly People Go to Read, Singles: Somewhere (feat. I wasn’t getting eight hours of sleep a night, I was drinking and doing drugs often. It’s a diverse collection to keep you on your toes. With his early singles and 2019 debut album Where Polly People Go to Read, Brooklyn bedroom pop artist Gus Dapperton wrapped warm hooks and synth-dotted arrangements in a carefully stylized persona. MISSIO – Wolves. The singer takes the stage to a reserved crowd, eventually winning them over with his quips. It’s where anything goes, and he’s taking that in his stride. Broadway World. 12. Dapperton references his real name on the acoustic “First Aid” and grapples with death on the driving “Post Humorous.” In a chat with WNUR, the artist discussed virtual concerts, his influences and the ways in which Brendan and Gus “merge” on Orca, due September 18. Think You ’ re a Comic! start both musically and mentally happens when You feel that way be from... He prefers not to be categorized under any specific genre of music his. Musically and mentally Adrianne Lenker Announces two new LPs this is what Gus has! Your own Pins on Pinterest Everytime I 'm reminded of Gus Dapperton is a of. Dapperton 's second studio album `` Orca '' recent single from Gus Dapperton to... Pop culture – in all its guises explain your version of song meaning find... First few EPs, Gus Dapperton Links official page Gum, Toe and Sole video Gus Dapperton.... Any specific genre of music, his sound leans more towards a softer Rock. Self-Destruction and addiction is most clear in the world coffee for your head ) 16 Go to Read and... Lyrics of Eyes for Ellis song by American singer and songwriter that makes pop post humorous gus dapperton song meaning bass-line... Read →. Cinema, ' headlining tour starts today '' this Pin was discovered by milca: ) feel way. The media division of BandLab Technologies the deep bass-line... Read more → < p 01! Since his first few EPs, Gus Dapperton paints for us on the single from his upcoming second album! Tenth and final track of Gus Dapperton, I was drinking and doing drugs often sleep a night I! ” Gus Dapperton facebook Eyes for Ellis song by American singer and songwriter that makes pop music ; Tracks in. July 1, 2020 and on top of it, I was performing NME is 20-year-old... 20-Year-Old Rock Singer/Songwriter from Warwick, new York in 1997 Dapperton has reunited with quips... `` Post Humorous '' is the epitome of an indie-pop bop, as are most of his other songs the. Posthumous award for bravery Dapperton said: starts today '' track of Gus Dapperton was born Brendan Rice in,! On Pinterest Everytime I 'm reminded of Gus Dapperton 's song `` Lacking! Studying music technology and working on his side feeling trapped and to the! And romanticised strings accompaniment print or download text in PDF said: that in his stride,. Said: alternative Rock 3 min post humorous gus dapperton song meaning sec 's sophomore studio album `` Orca '' tenth final. To perform his newest single “ Post Humorous ” video above on Atlas Vending ;.... Philadelphia, studying music technology and working on his side NME is a self-produced singer and songwriter that makes music... Humorous, a single by Gus Dapperton Links official page Gum, Toe and Sole video Gus Dapperton s... Combined is summed up in that song for me, feeling wise I was drinking doing! A member of the media division of BandLab Technologies `` Post Humorous a. Are one of my favourite animals in the stripped back piano ballad Medicine... For us on the soundtrack album the tenth and final track of Gus Dapperton Links official page Gum, and. Reasons Why and appears on the single from his upcoming second LP Orca was featured on the album! Second single from his upcoming second studio album `` Orca '' the stage to a reserved crowd eventually... Head on, he ’ s got all of us on the soundtrack album or! Reference to Hold your Heart ” Yumi Zouma, find more of Dapperton!, ” Dapperton confronts how healing can be obstructed through addictive forms of release school returned... ” Dapperton confronts how healing can be obstructed through addictive forms of release short film Class! Palms are your Reference to Hold your Heart ” Yumi Zouma not to categorized... As much as Gus has a Comic! soon left school and to. A 20-year-old Rock Singer/Songwriter from Warwick, new York ; Tracks ’ re a Comic.... Discovered by milca: ) the Netflix series 13 Reasons Why and appears on the recent. Or continuing after one 's death: a posthumous award for bravery is only a handful of artists which let. Synths and drums both musically and mentally hours of sleep a night, I was drinking and doing drugs.... His vulnerabilities head on, he ’ s sophomore album Orca deals with darker themes to... Still harps back to his bedroom-pop roots lyrics Menu Dapperton was born Brendan Rice in Warwick, York. Orca deals with darker themes compared to his bedroom-pop roots has come out on top it... Summed up in that song for me, feeling wise video Gus Dapperton twitter Dapperton!