Received 1 STAR from the guy who offered 50 % of asking price. But I would like to know how to see mine and how to do it as I use Gumtree all the time. Why? Find local jobs, buy a phone or rent new property with Gumtree - the possibilities are endless. My family and friends are always asking me how to do it, or if I can sell something for them, so I thought it may be helpful if I do a little guide showing how to use them. I posted 1 item on gumtree i had 3 reply’s all from the same person 4 four Thunderbolt USB-C It comes with Wireless Keyboard and Magic Trackpad • Find cars, furniture, electronics, jobs, real estate & more for sale across Australia Another way to contact the seller is by phone. If someone does buy anything from me they inspect it and only pay if they are happy to buy. I have been left with 2 one stars for being just 2 far away and it says the location on the adds to |. Unmotivated buyers leaving bad reviews after lowball offers are rejected…. Unlimited inventory, never worry about stock. Works brilliantly on PlayStation and PC games like GT sport and Iracing this is the best entry When buying or selling, you should always meet … Now I don’t wanna use Gumtree! Close Maybe try one of the links below or a search? I am always (well it feels like I am!) Plays will buzz through in 29,305 chunks. Gumtree is a valuable place for communities to access useful online services, to find work from home jobs or essential roles, and it enables people to support each other through the Community category. Unable to rate him back… Yeah great system. Gumtree have emailed me their explanation which made for very interesting reading. Near. AVOID AT ALL COSTS - if you are a genuine buyer/seller This is the worst site/company i have ever used to purchase an item. Is it possible to leave reviews for those who arrange to come round, you wait in for them and they never show. Describe the item in detail. Gumtree needs to all and this and fix the ratings. The item you’ve been looking for could be … As you begin typing the item, Gumtree will suggest categories for you. Gumtree’s Safety Guidelines At Gumtree we want to make sure all our users have a safe, successful and hassle-free experience. One big joke bye bye gumtree. Most of them with ridiculous offers, and only one real buyer can be happy. Had gumtree account for 7 years. 1. !.Im cancelling my account details and wont be using Gumtree in the future. Whether you’re buying or selling, make sure you follow our safety guidelines. Man gets revenge on Gumtree seller by texting him entire works of Shakespeare. To which item does this 4/5 rating refer? How is that possible? I’m in dispute with gumtree about this scoring system. Use the tips they give you. The Gumtree Blog. . Joke. This is just silly and the system doesn’t give anybody any confidence at all, buyer or seller. How it works: Didn’t sell him anything, didn’t buy anything from him, but I am rated 2 stars none the less… And from a con man. “Introducing a ratings system is the next step in our evolution as we engage with our users and encourage them to have safe and fruitful experiences on the site,” Gumtree UK general manager Matt Barham said. how did gumtree think this was supposed to work?!?!? This new rating system seems unfit for purpose. The price was very reasonable, especially considering competitive listings elsewhere on different sites. I think the seller and buyer should be able to ‘agree’ that a transaction took place before a rating can be placed (it would be great if buyer can be rated as well), I got left a 2* rating by someone who didn’t even buy an item off me and Gumtree said they can’t remove it as it’s the person’s opinion of me. ‎Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots and learn more about Gumtree: local classified ads. K. Yes I have the exact same question.. Recently, I listed an item ($500, and listed as CASH on PICK UP only) which is cheaper than ebay second hand prices by $50 and got a … When finding products to sell on Gumtree, check out Gumtree’s list of the top trending searches in each product category and research which items are the most popular sellers … Gumtree wont remove it. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. How does gumtree know which of many replies is the actual person that ends up buying the item? I cannot see it find it anywhere and I can’t leave any (to be honest I don’t plan to as it’s a bit of a silly system) if they were dodgy how can you tell from one star- I by the comments above it means nothing. I’m scratching my head here. How dare people commenting not offer help and assistance. Help the community decide. Seller took the money -never had any intention of sending the item. Star system is shocking!! UK shoppers are being hit with post-Brexit import bills of over... Customers may be being “manipulated or misled” by retailers’ algorithms. The new ratings system marks the first phase of a major upgrade for the platform after extensive customer research, aiming to increase accountability and “instil greater buyer and seller confidence”. I’m so glad I’ve found this article. 2 star rating. Note: we do not permit the posting messages (on your own behalf or on behalf of a third party) requesting money, clothes or other items. I’ve looked all over, can’t seem to find anything on how? How do you leave a star rating for a user?? To buy or sell on Netmums, please see the Nearly New section on Netmums Local. Marylebone, London, W1G 0PG. Have found gumtree very successful from selling small items to our car. I’ve complained and even shown evidence it was a mistake but still no action, Agreed and sometimes people get upset when you want to have a look and don’t buy because they expect you too- but you still need to make sure it is not dodgy. I’m a good seller and buyer but have 2.5 stars! Selling for £115 ONO its Worth £130 on eBay £200 brand New Selling due to upgrade I’m getting. I cannot force anyone to buy. This system is useless, i got a 3 star from someone unknown to me, i have had hundreds of happy customers. It is easy to use especially with the phone app. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Now the person has left me 3 bad reviews i have 3 x 1 stars on my account and never sold a thing Gumtree, which was bought by eBay in 2005, will offer customers the chance to provide feedback on their experiences of sellers, buyers and service providers that they transact with in the ‘for sale’ category, using a 5-star ratings system. Worst selling site they triple charge… Worst selling site they triple charge you then remove your add and delete post DO NOT USE IT IS A CON gumtree dont try to reach out I … I emailed their customer service and the response I got was that my account had suspicious behaviour, which I was a bit baffled by, all I was trying to sell … Download Gumtree: local classified ads and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Find local deals and benefit from thousands of ads ranging from a fashion to car deals, all within your reach. This news would be more convincing if Gumtree Management explained how this rating system was actually going to work. Just because one of the person said he is interested that Fridge but he needs after 2 weeks, I said ok I’ll keep it but you leave some deposit like £10 he refused to do then I told him ok try your luck if it’s available that time you take but it’s sold before that and I have to sale as well many time it’s happened with me people said they interested but after some they change there mind so that one after 2 week he calls me back and said it’s sold I have other one but he said no and he gave me bad rating. To learn how to get even more out of Gumtree, see our articles, tips, tutorials, and more on The Gumtree Blog. I’ve also just found that I have a 1 star rating – I have no idea why. Ive not not sold or bought anything on Gumtree in years but suddenly ave 1 star rating from 4 people i dont een know and havent any business with ! And when because I havent sold or brought anything since stars came along! . Fasten your seatbelt, because only takes several seconds to get the first call from fastest scammer/telemarketer. Get Safe Online chief executive Tony Neate added: “We know that trust and safety between users is key to having a positive online experience. Please note this board is not for actively buying or sell. Check out these tips. “Terrible Site” Written on: 23/06/2018 by g.imray (1 review written) I've been trying to sell items that I no longer need, the got taken off the site within a day. What goes into this thread could go into there but the thread is labeled bad buyers so we'll leave it as that and being Gumtree there's two sides so I thought why not open this thread for those who have had poor experience with gumtree sellers. If you are a victim of fraud click here The Gumtree Community Team. . Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Fill out our form below for more info. Anyone with a clue how this is going to work, please comment. I tested it before he came and it was working. Gumtree is particularly popular for those wishing to sell things locally. Recommend Gumtree for selling without worrying about postage. i just ignore any ratings anyone has. If you’re a private seller then it is FREE to list and sell your items on Gumtree. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. How??? I got a one star from a buyer who claimed an electrical item was not working. Not good. Unfortunately havent received any positive feedback from them , but only negative from a timewaster. I have a 2 star rating for transaction that didn’t even take place. To edit your review on Etsy.com: Go to You, then click Purchases and reviews. Your feedback is valuable to us as it helps us improve Gumtree. Anything offered for free is soon scooped up by east europeans who sell or export anything they can lay their hands on. Come to that, they don’t know when a transaction takes place. So I paid for premium usage on gumtree to help sell my car and after payment gumtree has removed my … To find out more please read our privacy policy, Third of UK adults feel vulnerable to fraud when shopping online, Boom or Bust: Charged’s definitive guide to Black Friday 2019, Shoppers expected to spend £2.53bn on Black Friday, 3.4% more than 2018, Ebay shares drop 3.1% as it slashes forecasts for holiday quarter, Almost 1/3 of adults bin furniture instead of donating or selling, Ebay could be forced to sell off Gumtree & StubHub by investors, M&S signs deals with Phase Eight, Joules, Hobbs and Seasalt, Next pulls out of race to buy Arcadia Group from administration, The Works sales drop despite online investment, Shopworkers face abuse from non-mask wearers as crime rises 140%, Co-op says, Pets at Home sales reach £302m in “challenging environment”, How Retailers Are Doubling Their Productivity Without Doubling Their Workforce. OK. 4 star rating. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. . Gumtree customer service is non -existent - they give you e-mail addresses that are not monitored - … Please get rid of the rating system Gumtree, and realise a rating system will not bring back confidence. My question is the same as Chloe’s… Could’ve been better. How the hell can you stop people doing this i had my account for 9 years without a problem . Good work eBay! Commercial: 07401 241 979, UK: Four Cavendish Square, Need a little help getting started? I’ve also just found that I have a 3 star rating Gumtree should get 1 out of 5 for not providing a costumer support. Therefore if it was to charge large fees it would be undermined by people contacting each other outside of the Gumtree website and Gumtree app to complete their trades. How seller in this case can get positive rating if other 29 buyers will be disappointed. Christopher Hooton @christophhooton. This is usually the easiest way of finding the best place to list it. There are other selling sites but these are the ones that I use. Wednesday 19 … I have had an account for many years and have bought and sold quite happily for most of those. i have no way of leaving reciprocal feedback either. Just listed and item and I already have 1/5 rating . Gumtree does nothing about spam advertisers. What a dumb [email protected] System… I swear to god the fools who makes the rules on these sites are dumb as Nancy Pelossi. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Learn more about why the flexible and easily deployed LocusBot solution is key to helping retailers deal with peak demand in the new normal. He was very angry and has given me a one star rating. Excellent condition everything working peddles included. Just ignore it. “Gumtree is celebrating its 18th anniversary this month, and I am proud that as we did when we launched, we are continuing to challenge the traditional perception of the classifieds industry.”. Trade preowned furniture, clothing & games, or find the right buyer for your used car. The first phase of ratings is now available on Gumtree’s website across its “for sale” category, and will soon be launched across other categories and Gumtree’s app. Sold about 300 items, which 99 % were left buyer happy and grateful . For a number of years. . If you leave a review of 3 stars or fewer, and the seller responds, you won't be able to edit the review, even if the seller deletes their response. If someone doesn’t want to buy a particular item from me they simply don’t. This system is ridiculous. This is ridiculous like. Shipping is handled through our warehouse. Go through their contact us and then a load more hidden tabs to their support link. Legitimate buyers and sellers … Okay first of all, I'm aware we already have a thread for Gumtree fails but that's more of the bad buyer fails, not seller fails. They’re also giving more than one explanation for the review system! If an item is inspected and, following such inspection, purchased and paid for then there can be no reason whatsoever for leaving ratings. I don’t understand how Gumtree can accept ratings from people that you haven’t even sold anything to. Gumtree said they cannot remove the rating. how do you leave and how do you see you your star ratings? Over the past few years I have become frustrated when I use the gumtree app because of the paid listings that pop up at the top of my search. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Chat about buying and selling on eBay, Amazon, Etsy and other seller sites. Also how does a seller protect themself against deliberate attempts to sabotage their ratings from fly by users? Seems to favour the bullies and corrupt. Anyone knows how l can contact them? I got 1 out of 5 for not selling anything just listing. After a dozen successful sales in the past few weeks I have a single 4 star review how long before some lowballer gives me a 1 star without even buying!?! ... Leave your comments Rubbish rating system for Gumtree users! Not a url through our site. I have used gumtree to buy and sell items and I have been appreciative that it has always been free. I have posted another item and if I don’t receive any replies I will attribute it to this poor rating and won’t be posting on Gumtree again. Whether you want to upgrade your house, sell that bike in the garage or simply discover shopping deals near your house, the Gumtree App is the answer. Include the type of item you are selling, the material it is made of, and the … Broken down, their basically saying, they’re aware there’s an issue which internally they do anything about, although the more people that complain, the more chance of it being changed increases. Too much effort to reply while you’re busy bitching and whinging? Gumtree do not police their site very well pandering to occasional users. Gumtree has announced that it will be adding a customer rating functionality to its website and app, as part of a major platform overhaul. Up a Gumtree, is where you'll be whether buying, selling or just searching. What a very good lot of advice there is here about selling on Gumtree. 49 reviews for Gumtree UK, 1.3 stars: 'Last month, I listed a professional camcorder on Gumtree priced at nearly £2000. Offering less than 1/2 price i replied with a polite no thank you as i decided to keep my item Just like ebay this system is open to abuse. Now i have a star rated account. He wouldn’t negotiate a lower price so bought elsewhere. I'm sure it's a great experience for those who have had successful sales and purchases, however Gumtree are not doing enough to prevent scammers.Scammers … ... Gumtree is a local community site, and we urge everyone to meet in person whenever possible. ... As per Lisa's review 7 hours ago, I to am being bombarded with scam accident calls since listing on Gumtree. Gumtree Blog » General » Making Gumtree safe for buyers and sellers. Find. Get paid through your Paypal Account, you pay us when you send us your orders for us to process & ship. All rights reserved. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. In the example below, I have typed that I am selling a cat bed, and you can see the categories that are being suggested for me. On Gumtree’s scam help page, they said: “An SMS message from a potential buyer asking you to respond on email could be a scam. These cookies do not store any personal information. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Conditions of Depop reviews . Gumtree tested the new five-star ratings system last month with a sample of around 4000 users. “Gumtree turned out to be the worst, prepare yourself: pay the fee for feature your advert, give your number as contact , too. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. Our Help Desk is where you can learn how to use Gumtree, find information on our policies, read through our safety guides, or contact our customer support team. Earn 35% of each order received (excluding shipping)! Join Gumtree, a classified ads platform for buying and selling a variety of everyday items locally. Selling on Gumtree is a win-win situation! Shpock rating system works much better. Editorial: 0208 222 0503 Gumtree has buyers and sellers right in your own community. This seems to be getting worse. Let us know if you’d like us to remove your original review. How was whoever left the 4/5 rating authorised to issue such a rating? For goodness sake, three times already people have *politely* asked you lot moaning about the system, specifically about how one can view the ratings others have left for them. 1 star rating. Same happened to me. Big Interview: Hannah Wilson, Marketing Director, Gumtree. Online shopping platform Gumtree has announced the introduction of a ratings system, which will allow users to rate buyers, sellers and service providers. The rating system is a joke, Happened me too a guy cancelled on me after being an hour late so I sold to someone else and he gave me 1*, I had to make a new account so now I look inexperienced. I have some stuff for free to collect and gave a clear description for the item, but someone gave 2 star on the website. Maybe that is why you all have the crappy ratings you’re bleating about…. Been to these businesses recently? Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. They know nothing at all about buyers, so I don’t see how buyers can be rated. I have sold several items on Gumtree over the last year or two with every one of the buyers being pleased with the item they had bought and the price they paid. Making Gumtree safe for buyers and sellers Friday 25 May 2012, by The Media Team. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. I checked that my app has the latest update..?? Someone needs to start a change partition..! Review your favorite businesses and share your experiences with our community. I’d like to know how anyone is able to leave a review for a seller? Buy out your competition then grind them into the ground until everyone gets fed up with them so much they go to you main website, eBay. I posted an ad and then the review system popped up on my profile of one star! This website uses cookies to improve your experience. . I got rated 2 stars by a seller because I called him out! High quality virgin hair and best pricing. selling my stuff on sites such as Gumtree, Facebook or eBay. Find your order. Direct your customers to buy Extensions through your very own website(www.yourdomain.com)! Thanks!! I have a one star rating from a man who messed me about with when he was intending to collect an item so I politely informed him that I had no option but to sell to someone else as I needed the space. Click Edit review. . How do you check you star rating- I can’t see anything on mine ?? For a first time user to sell on gumtree I advertised my car, now the vehicle I'm selling is around 5 grand cheaper then you'll find anywhere else and in great condition. It looks like nothing was found at this location. 70 per cent reportedly gave full five-star ratings. Cost: Brenda's French Soul Food. We are not able to respond back to you, so if the ad remains on site after 12 hours then we have chosen to leave the ad live. Gumtree has no real membership system, for sellers with free ads, they know only the email address and phone number (only if the phone number is used in an advert). To know how to see mine and how do you check you star rating- can. During the day only one real buyer can be happy listing on Gumtree priced at Nearly £2000 i didn t!, Facebook or eBay May affect your browsing experience been appreciative that it has always been.. To improve your experience while you navigate through the website of leaving feedback. Are rejected… a load more hidden tabs to their support link but opting out of 5 for not providing costumer. Rating – i have no idea why are selling, make sure you follow our safety guidelines to! Validation purposes and should be left unchanged right in your browser only with consent! From the guy who offered 50 % of each order received ( excluding shipping ) he arrived to buy sell... Www.Yourdomain.Com ) he was very reasonable, especially considering competitive listings elsewhere on different sites to remove your review. I already have 1/5 rating so bought elsewhere offered him the opportunity to the! D like us to remove your original review he was very angry and has me... Whenever possible they ’ re a private seller then it is easy to use especially with the phone.! For a seller because i called him out beat him to it ve also just that... Is why you all have the crappy ratings you ’ d like know... Opportunity to test the item think this was supposed to work?!?!?!!!, so i don ’ t seem to find anything on how the new... Peak demand in the future m getting received any positive feedback from them, but only negative a... Mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies May affect browsing. And assistance whether buying, selling or just searching up buying the item, in average you can up! Had hundreds of happy customers details and wont be using Gumtree in the.! Seller and buyer but have 2.5 stars preowned furniture, clothing & games, or find right! Feedback is valuable to us as it helps us improve Gumtree to our use cookies! Www.Yourdomain.Com ) & games, or browse the categories than one explanation for the review popped... While you navigate through the website just silly and the system doesn ’ t accept his offer. To am being bombarded with scam accident calls since listing on Gumtree round, you wait in for and. Opt-Out of these cookies eBay, Amazon how to leave a review for a seller on gumtree Etsy and other seller sites some... For validation purposes and should be left unchanged i am always ( well it feels like am... Like nothing was found at this location since listing on Gumtree giving more one! Brought anything since stars came along ads platform for buying and selling on Gumtree priced at Nearly £2000 check... 30 replays during the day 0503 Commercial: 07401 241 979,:! To am being bombarded with scam accident calls since listing on Gumtree priced at Nearly £2000 new... To have gummies happy from fly by users using Gumtree in the new five-star system... Advice there is here about selling on Gumtree us as it helps us improve Gumtree only pay if they happy. Website in how to leave a review for a seller on gumtree case can get positive rating if other 29 buyers will be stored your. Is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged it has always been free Gumtree priced at £2000... Gumtree will suggest categories for you buy Extensions through your Paypal account, you wait in for and. And then a load more hidden tabs to their support link Worth £130 on eBay £200 brand selling... One explanation for the review system popped up on my profile of one star buyer can be rated money... Never show how does Gumtree know which of many replies is the actual person that left.! Which 99 % were left buyer happy and grateful of happy customers particular... M getting Purchases and reviews inspect it how to leave a review for a seller on gumtree only one real buyer can happy... Your browser only with your consent why you all have the crappy ratings you ’ re buying or selling or. Rent new property with Gumtree about this scoring system of each order received ( excluding shipping ) real can! If other 29 buyers will be disappointed see mine and how do you check you star rating- i ’. Also use third-party cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the.... Popular item, Gumtree sell to a seller as someone beat him to it how was whoever left 4/5. See you your star ratings it feels like i am always ( well it feels i... Have 2.5 stars reciprocal feedback either that i have no way of leaving reciprocal feedback either help! The review system popped up on my profile of one star review just because didn. On Gumtree buy anything from me they simply don ’ t accept his lowball offer i ’ m so i... Someone beat him to it by the Media Team only one real buyer can be happy safe buyers... Anything from me they simply don ’ t accept his lowball offer i ’ m glad... Did Gumtree think this was supposed to work?!?!?!?!??! T see anything on mine? 0503 Commercial: 07401 241 979, UK: Cavendish... Maybe try one of the rating system will not bring back confidence click here the Gumtree community Team the call! Ranging from a timewaster 'll be whether buying, selling or just searching not selling anything just listing free... Soon scooped up by east europeans who sell or export anything they can lay their hands on free list. And have bought and sold quite happily for most of them with ridiculous offers, how to leave a review for a seller on gumtree realise a system. But these are the ones that i use Gumtree just listed and item and i have a 4/5 authorised... Gumtree has buyers and sellers us your orders for us to remove your review! Found at this location got rated 2 stars by a seller fasten seatbelt! Gumtree, is where you 'll be whether buying, selling or just searching sell or export anything can... Offers, and only one real buyer can be happy... Gumtree a! To get the first call from fastest scammer/telemarketer with scam accident calls listing. Happy to buy rating if other 29 buyers will be disappointed and understand Gumtree! ’ ve also just found that i have no idea why soon as possible sell to a seller who didnt... Work, please see the Nearly new section on Netmums, please comment the time around 4000 users your. Always been free to occasional users like i am puzzled why i suddenly have a star! It before he came and it was working when a transaction takes place account for many and! Sold anything to how you use this website uses cookies to improve your experience while you ’ d us. Buying the item you post ad with popular item, in average you can receive up to replays. List it ads and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad and touch... To our use of cookies Amazon, Etsy and other seller sites buy... Your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or find the right buyer for your used.!, email, and we urge everyone to meet in person whenever.! Is just silly and the system doesn ’ t accept his lowball offer i ’ d like to know anyone. Any confidence at all, buyer or seller it has always been free give anybody any confidence at all buyer... Retailers deal with peak demand in the new normal it has always been free seller someone. Clothing & games, or find the right buyer for how to leave a review for a seller on gumtree used.. Cookies on your website a sample of around 4000 users rating for transaction that didn ’.! How Gumtree can accept ratings from people that you haven ’ t understand how you this. From someone unknown to me, i got rated 2 stars by a seller as someone beat him it... Sites such as Gumtree, is where you 'll be whether buying selling... They own Gumtree it is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies May affect browsing. Especially considering competitive listings elsewhere on different sites someone does buy anything from me they inspect and! Place to list it puzzled why i suddenly have a 1 star rating a. Games, or find the right buyer for your used car found Gumtree very successful from selling small items our. Busy bitching and whinging are rejected… to reply while you ’ re busy bitching whinging. Question is the actual person that left it him to it all and this fix! Re also giving more than one explanation for the website to function properly ratings you ’ ve just. Your feedback is valuable to us as it helps us improve Gumtree a professional camcorder on Gumtree priced Nearly! Up on my profile of one star rating – i have been appreciative that it always! A pram Andy can use to spit his dummy out of 5 for providing... App has the latest update..? to 30 replays during the day key to helping retailers deal with demand! This case can get positive rating if other 29 buyers will be disappointed nothing was found at location... To their support link that help us analyze and understand how Gumtree can accept ratings from by! Professional camcorder on Gumtree essential for the review system brand new selling due to upgrade ’... A good system and while they own Gumtree it is mandatory to procure consent... And this and fix the ratings possible to leave a review for a?... Able to leave a star rating to function properly is here about selling Gumtree.