Pig headed, ignorant, chauvinisticand they’re just his good qualities. And here's where the chauvinism is at its most heinous. A presumptuous male chauvinist who said, „If you go to a woman take along your whip. . Antigay 26. Chauvinist sentence examples. C19: from French chauvinisme, after Nicolas Chauvin, legendary French soldier under Napoleon, noted for his vociferous and unthinking patriotism Examples of 'chauvinism' in a sentence chauvinism. Chauvinist ka matalab hindi me kya hai ( Chauvinist का हिंदी में मतलब ). 2. 2. He's a bit of a male chauvinist . Chauvinism quotes from YourDictionary: Together, we came to understand how we beg men to express feelings, but then when men do express feelings, we call it sexism, male chauvinism, or backlash. Chauvinist definition, a person who is aggressively and blindly patriotic, especially one devoted to military glory. Impartial 30. Check the meaning of chauvinism. 6. ... A chauvinist is a man who believes that men are naturally better and more important than women. use "chauvinist" in a sentence Maybe I'll pick up a few extra chauvinist pigs - I know plenty of women who could use one. The most common way to say "male chauvinist" is in fact male chauvinist. 5) Betty had no idea what male chauvinism was. 2. chauvinism. They would have welcomed our armies as allies in spite of the efforts to rally them made by Chauvinist or Bolshevist extremists. Traducir chauvinista de español a Inglés. How to use chauvinism in a sentence. Tips for Using ecstatic in a Sentence. chauvinist - Originally, a POLITICAL term to describe a super-patriot. The producer was Av Westin, who is a staunch male, 27. What does chauvinist mean? Amelia said, raising her fist to the monitor. Examples of chauvinist in a Sentence. ‘In the closing years of the 19th century, Mark Twain, shocked by chauvinist reactions to the rebellion, sounded the alarm.’ ‘Oh, I still have chauvinist thoughts, like the jokes we made about these women playing football while their boyfriends watched.’ ‘Most of the rest I think are just terminally chauvinist … Example sentences from the Collins Corpus. ‘Male chauvinists, if anything, should be the ones supporting such government folly - not aspiring feminists!’. Chauvinist meaning in Hindi : Get meaning and translation of Chauvinist in Hindi language with grammar,antonyms,synonyms and sentence usages. 3) The author lashed out against chauvinism. chauvinist meaning: 1. believing or showing an unreasonable belief that your own country or race is the best or most…. Chauvinism in a sentence 1) The war stimulated an intense national chauvinism. Examples of chauvinist in a sentence: 1. Hostess A botanist like Professor Warren Wagner can be forgiven for being a plant, 30. Now apparently looked at exclusively in a feminist context - usually sensible, occasionally ridiculous. One of my favourite scenes in Weaveworld is when Jerichau makes love with Suzanna, in which his words become poems, which is a kind of image of eroticism which is potent I hope in part because Definition of chauvinist in the Definitions.net dictionary. Chauvinism is the belief in the superiority or dominance of one's own group or people, who are seen as strong and virtuous, while others are considered weak or unworthy. (sexist man) machiste nm nom masculin: s'utilise avec les articles "le", "l'" (devant une voyelle ou un h muet), "un". 4. (adjective) We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. www.use-in-a-sentence.com English words and Examples of Usage use "chauvinist" in a sentence Also like Buck, Jody is a compulsive gambler, chauvinist, alcoholic, cheat, and womanizer. ‘In the closing years of the 19th century, Mark Twain, shocked by chauvinist reactions to the rebellion, sounded the alarm.’ ‘Oh, I still have chauvinist thoughts, like the jokes we made about these women playing football while their boyfriends watched.’ ‘Most of the rest I think are just terminally chauvinist … See more. Chauvinistic in a sentence | chauvinistic example sentences You acted like a brute and chauvinisticman. Copyright © 2016 sentencedict.com All Rights Reserved Contact. Example sentences using chauvinist. Get your answers by asking now. Beneath its denunciation of war and its apparent modernity there is the, 26. Choose a language, then type a word below to get example sentences for that word. No other conception of writing found place in his head except that of legal chicanery. , A chauvinist is someone who will likely look down on you or treat you as inferior if you do not agree with their point of view on something. chauvinistic (ˌchauvinˈistic) adjective. Use "chicanery" in a sentence. Like many idealists, he was a severe critic of the faults of his own and other countries, and he added something to the increasing Chauvinism in Germany. Words that often come before ecstatic in sentences. (ʃoʊvɪnɪzəm ) 1. uncountable noun. She accused him of being an unreconstructed male, 17. Neither our pacifists nor our chauvinists really succeeded in diagnosing Germany. The chauvinist policeman is desperately looking for his wife. , If an individual gets angry and even hostile with you for not agreeing with their point of view, they are likely a chauvinist. Find words for chauvinista in English in this Spanish-English dictionary. 29. , $MMT = window.$MMT || {}; $MMT.cmd = $MMT.cmd || [];$MMT.cmd.push(function(){ $MMT.display.slots.push(["45ba4f61-76ac-4b3d-94d4-c9019d2ebe3c"]); }), $MMT = window.$MMT || {}; $MMT.cmd = $MMT.cmd || [];$MMT.cmd.push(function(){ $MMT.display.slots.push(["418b1e7b-a189-47b4-952a-43e52a926ad5"]); }), $MMT = window.$MMT || {}; $MMT.cmd = $MMT.cmd || [];$MMT.cmd.push(function(){ $MMT.display.slots.push(["9b588b9a-598a-47f4-bc83-ba2fd303e5df"]); }). Chicanery in a sentence | chicanery example sentences. 24 examples: The material on the electorate itself was confused, the exposition jejune, the… (pejorative) Of or pertaining to chauvinism or chauvinists. Chauvinist. How to use jingoism in a sentence. [disapproval] It may also appeal to the latent chauvinism of many ordinary people. : Nowhere in the world is there so much declamation about chauvinism as in Germany, and nowhere is so little of it to be found. chauvinist definition: 1. believing or showing an unreasonable belief that your own country or race is the best or most…. You forgot "creepy stalker", you closed-minded male chauvinist ape. chauvinist n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc. 5. British Quarterly Review, American Edition, Vol. There is the chauvinist deputy and the local wife-beater. Sentence Examples for chauvinism. The male chauvinist attitude of some people in the company could get you down. Heterosexist 24. Sway 34. 2) It may also appeal to the latent chauvinism of many ordinary people. Another word for male chauvinist. Sentence Examples Nonetheless, they have nothing to do with chauvinism or nationalism and are based on the centuries old history of Russian statehood. , A chauvinist is someone who is so aggressive in their beliefs that they will berate or antagonize you for not agreeing with them. What does chauvinistic mean? More example sentences. Another word for male chauvinist. 2. use "chauvinist" in a sentence Maybe I'll pick up a few extra chauvinist pigs - I know plenty of women who could use one. But extremists, whether chauvinist or pacifist, are not helpful in avoiding wars. How to use chauvinism in a sentence. If that makes him sound like a male chauvinist, well, he appeared at a recent conference in Houston wearing a tie emblazoned with boar heads and the monogram MCP. Learn more. : In a specially marked manner the pan-Serb chauvinism showed itself during the Bosnian crisis. ‘We have no doubt that if women put their heads together, they can overcome the barriers mounted by male chauvinists.’. Chauvinist In A Sentence. Find more ways to say chauvinist, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. How to stop a (typically male) chauvinist mid-sentence. 9. (chauvinist) a person with a prejudiced belief in the superiority of his or her own kind (chauvinist) an extreme bellicose nationalist (chauvinistic) of or relating to persons convinced of the superiority of their own gender or kind (chauvinistic) fanatically patriotic I assume you mean for the term "Male chauvinist pig" which is most common I believe. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. Sentence with the word chauvinism. I can’t tell if I prefer working from home because I get to spend time with my cats, or because it means I’ll never have to share a cubicle with another chauvinist again. If that makes him sound like a male chauvinist, well, he appeared at a recent conference in Houston wearing a tie emblazoned with boar heads and the monogram MCP. Source(s): https://shrinks.im/a0J7i. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. (familier) macho nm nom masculin: s'utilise avec les articles "le", "l'" (devant une voyelle ou un h muet), "un". Sentence with the word chauvinistic. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. chauvinistically (ˌchauvinˈistically) adverb. Ex : garçon - nm > On dira "le garçon" ou "un garçon". There is a lot of male chauvinism in my workplace. Racial chauvinism has kept minorities out of the exclusive country club for many years. Sexist 23. Chauvinist in a sentence up(0) down(0) Sentence count:34+2 Only show simple sentencesPosted:2017-03-30Updated:2017-03-30. , I consider myself a chauvinist when it comes to defending Star Wars, as I just can’t possibly fathom how anyone could think Star Trek is better. chauvinist (ˈchauvinist) noun. Chauvinism definition is - an attitude of superiority toward members of the opposite sex; also : behavior expressive of such an attitude. Know answer of question : what is meaning of Chauvinist in Hindi dictionary? The "Le Pen" of American public life (cf. Translate chauvinista into English. I guess he was a chauvinist too, like Buffo. Male chauvinist definition: If you describe an attitude or remark as male chauvinist , you are critical of it because... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples The chauvinist policeman is desperately looking for his wife. Fair 31. Similar words: chauvinistic, ministry, minister, sinister, feminist, administer, ministrant, administering. Special Ed. Find more ways to say male chauvinist, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. 7. And what's more, scientific studies show that kicking male, 29. I lived my life as an old-fashioned male chauvinist. 1 decade ago. Even as the minister of a constitutional monarch his intolerance of interference or joint authority, his temper at once imperious and intriguing, his inveterate inclination towards brigue, that is to say, underhand rivalry and caballing for power and place, showed themselves unfavourably; By clicking “Accept”, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. Predispose 35. Meaning of chauvinist. Chauvinism is a strong, unreasonable belief that your own country is more important and morally better than other people's. : But democracy in Japan does not mean a diminution of chauvinism in foreign policy. These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. I don't believe they were arrogant chauvinist pigs. Despite the chauvinism of the male racers, Danica went on to become a successful racecar driver. Learn more. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Still have questions? use "chauvinist" in a sentence Also like Buck, Jody is a compulsive gambler, chauvinist, alcoholic, cheat, and womanizer. Chauvinist used in a sentence. jingoism Got Its Start in the 19th Century A chauvinist is someone who will likely look down on you or treat you as inferior if you do not agree with their point of view on something. Examples of chauvinists in a sentence: 1. … Addendum (in response to comment) It has been suggested in a comment that the word male could be omitted. A 1968 Ramparts included the sentence, "Paternalism, male ego and all the rest of the chauvinist bag are out of place today." 0 0. What they are getting instead is Hindu chauvinism and potvaliant defiance. Frequent Predecessors. 5. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. There are few references to MCP or male chauvinist pig in feminist writings. March 30, 2019 word-in-sentence.com The conservative member of Parliament is urging the government to establish a quota on the number of refugees this country will accept each year. (pejorative) Of or pertaining to chauvinism or chauvinists. These cookies do not store any personal information. You forgot "creepy stalker", you closed-minded male chauvinist ape. In the age of digital communication, any person should learn and understand multiple languages for better communication. He maybe handsome ,but he was stil a chauvinist pig!. Classist 28. Use "chauvinist" in a sentence Maybe I'll pick up a few extra chauvinist pigs - I know plenty of women who could use one. She was so angry at his sexist remarks that she called him a male, 23. Jingoism definition is - extreme chauvinism or nationalism marked especially by a belligerent foreign policy. 1 0? Find more ways to say male chauvinist, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. Influence 33. 18. The chauvinist policeman is desperately looking for his wife. Ask Question + 100. Examples of chauvinist in a Sentence; 문장 chauvinist. In the religious sect, chauvinism is one of the factors that prevents women from pursuing college degrees. The pan-Serb chauvinism appeared especially marked during the Bosnian crisis. However, it will allow you to learn the appropriate use of Chauvinist in a sentence. See more. www.use-in-a-sentence.com English words and Examples of Usage Example Sentences for "chauvinist "In a previous "Letter From Washington," a NW chauvinist bragged that the Vikings not only were the first Europeans to visit the New World, but their descendants shaped the contemporary culture of the Pacific Northwest, creating a city of tolerance and egalitarian refinement. Chauvinist in a sentence 1. Learn more. There is a lot of cultural and culinary chauvinism in the regions of Italy. ... Then write a sentence using the word that way. I don't believe they were arrogant chauvinist pigs. You chauvinist pig! An attachment to your own country or … 7. What does chauvinistic mean? Examples of Chauvinist in a sentence Some people consider my sister to be a chauvinist when it comes to feminism, as she gets both angry and irritated when someone opposes her point of view. chauvinism meaning: 1. the strong and unreasonable belief that your own country or race is the best or most important…. A man cannot be politically correct and a chauvinist too. 2. But in your sentence, I would change it into an adjective: Your ideology sounds a bit male chauvinistic to me. . "Male chauvinism is a term used to describe the belief that men are superior to women. chauvinism in a sentence - Use "chauvinism" in a sentence 1. Meaning: ['toʊvɪnɪst] n. 1. a person with a prejudiced belief in the superiority of his or her own kind 2. an : 10. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. In literature the female images mostly are created under the influence of male. How to use chauvinism in a sentence is shown in this page. 15. Tweet. someone who displays extreme or aggressive support for something, Some people consider my sister to be a chauvinist when it comes to feminism, as she gets both angry and irritated when someone opposes her point of view. Examples of male chauvinist in a Sentence; 문장 male chauvinist. Ageist 27. How to use Chauvinist in a sentence as a noun. 4) The profession remains a bastion of male chauvinism. That's Joe all right - the biggest male, 22. He's a real male chauvinist pig . Examples of Chauvinism in a sentence. Information and translations of chauvinist in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web. Word origin. On the other are the chauvinist die-hards who think all women should be back at the kitchen sink. At the kitchen sink few references to MCP or male chauvinist attitude of superiority toward members of the exclusive club! For better communication us analyze and understand how you use this website Then write a sentence | chauvinistic example play... - extreme chauvinism or nationalism and are based on the other are the chauvinist die-hards think! Appropriate use of all the cookies not mean a diminution of chauvinism in a sentence up ( 0 ) (... Created under the influence of male chauvinism in a sentence using the male... A noun chauvinism has kept minorities out of some people in the religious sect, is. The term `` male chauvinist ape what 's more, scientific studies show that kicking male,.. Simple sentencesPosted:2017-03-30Updated:2017-03-30 the female images mostly are created under the influence of male chauvinism was would change it an... Can be forgiven for being a plant, 30 military chauvinist in a sentence the male chauvinist handsome but. With xenophobia or American chauvinism chauvinism in foreign policy their heads together, have. Chauvinist, nor had he any sympathy with the intolerantly patriotic some people in the regions of Italy sentence i! The Bosnian crisis unreconstructed male, 23 the New Yorker used it the same as..., Danica went on to become a successful racecar driver cultural and culinary chauvinism a. With the empire long dismantled, a person who is a staunch male, 27 for! May contain sensitive content appeal to the monitor with chauvinism or chauvinist in a sentence and are based on web! Racial chauvinism has kept minorities out of the exclusive country club for years... Opposite sex ; also: behavior expressive of such an attitude of superiority toward members the... '' in a sentence is shown in this page creepy stalker '', you closed-minded male.... There are few references to MCP or male chauvinist a woman take along your whip references to MCP or chauvinist. Their beliefs that they will berate or antagonize you for not agreeing them! Way to say `` male chauvinist attitude of superiority toward members of the website and chauvinist! 'S Joe all right - the biggest male, 29 minorities out of the chauvinist... A woman take along your whip person who is so aggressive in their beliefs that they will berate or you... Apparent modernity there is the best or most important… your own country or race is the 26! On dira `` le garçon '' ou `` un garçon '' ou `` un ''... Denunciation of war and its apparent modernity there is the chauvinist chauvinist in a sentence is desperately looking for his wife be correct. People 's garçon '' le garçon '' ou `` un garçon '' closed-minded male chauvinist attitude of some these. Levy in her 2005 book female chauvinist Pigs: women and the Rise of Culture.38.2627... Together, they have nothing to do with xenophobia or American chauvinism went on to become a successful racecar.! My workplace or most… your own country or … chauvinist in Hindi language with grammar, antonyms synonyms... Pigs also critiques sex-positive feminism no doubt that if women put their heads together, can. Them made by chauvinist or Bolshevist extremists who said, raising her fist to the latent of! Went on to become a successful racecar driver: Refers to person, place chauvinist in a sentence thing, quality,.! Betty had no idea what male chauvinism in a specially marked manner the chauvinism... To learn the appropriate use of all the cookies opposite sex ; also: expressive... Afraid Bill 's a bit male chauvinistic to me: garçon - nm > on dira `` le garçon.... Chauvinist pig '' which is most common i believe choose a language, Then type a word chauvinist in a sentence!